SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X carry reassembly dead trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X carry reassembly dead trigger? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Just cleaned my new X carry tonight and I noticed that upon slide reassembly the trigger was dead. This happened a few times practicing reassembly. After I racked the slide once or twice and inserted the mag it worked fine. The mag wouldn’t even go in until I racked it a few times. Is this by design?

Funny thing I disassembled a few more times and I don’t know if it is just loosening up, but now I can’t recreate the dead trigger scenario as I can immediately get a proper trigger press after slide reassembly and insert the mag without issue. So what happened?

The takedown lever was fully forward and I locked the slide back each time so the slide stop lever was up which should have reset the sear right?

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
After reassembling the 320 you have to lock the slide back before you can use the trigger. I don't know what happens there technically, but I often forget when I haven't played with it in a while.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was weird even after locking it back then letting it one forward it was still a dead trigger. Perhaps the slide stop was not popping back up from stiffness being new and then after working it a few times that’s how it loosened enough that it has seemingly self rectified? I don’t know, but saw a video that seemed to show a similar thing and that it wasn’t a problem either way and would work itself out. I just don’t remember this with my M17 when I was reassembling that a few weeks back.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
It's the slide stop not being fully in. A hard push from the left helps, in my experience. That and let the slide go into battery along its full travel a few times after reassembly.

I don't know what the difference is, but my Vtac does this, whereas my un-"upgraded" 320 never has. Don't know if it has anything to do with the new system or if there's something different about the takedown lever/locking block. The lever on the Vtac is absurdly more difficult to rotate than on my old 320.

FYI, the Vtac has like 2000 rounds through it, if not more, so it certainly hasn't worked itself out as it wears in. Also as a note, I always pull the FCU out when I clean it, so maybe if I left it in, it wouldn't happen.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Well whatever was happening wasn’t an issue today at the range as I put 100 flawless rounds down range. Accuracy was excellent and that green front sight just pops for quick acquisition. Ejection was strong and consistent. Really love this Sig and glad I finally got into the 320 game as I have been pleased thus far. Just a few idiosyncrasies with the cleaning that I’ll hopefully get smoother with over time. Thanks guys it looks as though it’s normal and clearly a non issue for functioning.