SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CCW Sig 239
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New CCW Sig 239 Login/Join 
Member
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I carry my 239 9mm most of the time. It is not too heavy and shoots very well. For me, the smaller, lighter guns are hard to shoot well. YMMV.
Rod


We have a President again. Thank God.
 
Posts: 1331 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I have three P239, two identical two-tone 357 and a 9mm. I carry the 357 about 75% of the time and switch to my M11-A1 the other 25%. The P239 9mm is fairly new to me so I've yet to carry it. My thoughts are smaller pistol heavier round and larger pistol I go with higher capacity 9mm.


NRA Life Patron
 
Posts: 1616 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
As I get older I’m leaning more toward my 3913 an now this 239. I sold my 239 sas in .357 sig. Great gun but the recoil was more than I like. I just bought a 509M for Hi Cap car gun.


" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"
 
Posts: 3252 | Location: Canton Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Love my Sig 239 n 357 sig. Its my EDC weapon. One of my favorite guns.
 
Posts: 6562 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
As I've said... the recoil on the p239 in 357 is a bit much for me too.. but my solution is going to be (at least for now) for practice fire a few rounds in my 357 then actually practice with my 9mm.

If on the unforeseen occasion I actually need to use the pistol with 357 sig I think the recoil is going to be the last thing I'm worried about.
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have the hogue G10 checkered grips on my P239 . My most accurate pistol and carries well. To me it feels a bit top heavy, where the P225 and its extra 1/2 inch on the grip seems better balanced. If you like single stack pistol these would be among the best.
 
Posts: 192 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Junior Member
posted Hide Post
Bought a 239 in .40 about a year ago,the 226 and 229 was kind of kicked to the back burner,now if only magazines were more plentiful and cheaper.
 
Posts: 2 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m.p.driver:
Bought a 239 in .40 about a year ago,the 226 and 229 was kind of kicked to the back burner,now if only magazines were more plentiful and cheaper.


Pretty cheap here...

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...wi/prod/MAG-239-40-7
 
Posts: 208 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Okay, went back to my gun club today in the cold rain and decided to see if I could work out my kinks shooting 357 Sig in the now two P239s in DAK I own. (Bought a 2nd one on Wednesday... I did not know it was a DAK until I saw it, really wanted a DA/SA one but after driving for an hour it seemed a waste to not go ahead and buy) Dese babies have a good bit of kick but I like 'em and they shoot great. I think I can get used to it.
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I've found that shooting my 239 in .40 has more kick than the .357. Either way...I love the 239 and it's a shame Sig discontinued it.
 
Posts: 56 | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I carried my P239 in .40 off and on for a number of years but the weight started bothering me as I aged so I'm now carrying a P938 and love it.


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 8320 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CCW Sig 239

© SIGforum 2019