SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CCW Sig 239
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CCW Sig 239 Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
Found a lnib sig 239 in 9mm. Had one in .357 sig an loved it but standardizing to 9mm. Paid more than I wanted but its worth it. Anyone still carrying these? Looked at a 365 an 365 xl but the 239 won out for now. Figured better buy the one they disco’d while i can. It makes a great brother to my 3913. Just need to fine some mags. Long live the the classics!

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
my ccw duty is approximately 50% p239 9mm and 50% p229 .357sig. Like the P229 more but often the size difference gives the P239 the edge

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Anyone still carrying these?

Yes. A .40 that is my main carry. Love the trigger on the P239.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've actually gone in the other direction with the P239... from 9mm to 357sig....

I have to say I love shooting the pistol in 9mm, not so much with those 357s.... but the 357 has a DAK trigger and I've actually decided I don't like it and am fixing to buy a P239 in 357sig with the basic SA/DA trigger and see if I can tame that any better.

Point is you'll love that P239 in 9mm... put a Crimson trace laser grip on it and she will be pretty close to perfect....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very accurate and reliable IME

get some Gold Dots and you are good to go

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my P239 in .40 in a Kangaroo Carry holster when I want deep concealment.
Great pistol.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are great guns. It is a shame they are discontinued as I find them much more user friendly than the 225.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2, both chambered in .357 SIG. One stays in FL, one in MD. Can't carry in MD, but I like this gun so much I use it for home defense there, despite having several other pistols that can hold more rounds.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
I have 2 in 9mm, an SAS Gen2 and a Scorpion model. I carry the SAS daily.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Two Tone P239 SAS Gen 2 SRT in 357Sig is my all time favorite. The LaserMax in it is also oh so sweet. My old P229 in 357Sig, also with a Lasermax, is my 2nd all time favorite.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ll carry my P239 from time to time. My variant is in 357 Sig. I’ve never felt limited by its capacity.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P2225-A1 is being discontinued this year. I liked the P239 much better. Sig will keep busy with the Military contracts, with little time for slow moving single stacks.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested, the guy I plan to buy the SA/DA P239 in 357 is local to me... but he has several.... after I pick out the best one I'm willing to send anyone here the lead to the others... $390 + shipping ....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty sweet price if they are in decent condition still. In fact, it's a fantastic price.

I won't be getting rid of my .357 P239 until I'm too old to shoot or just don't wake up one day. It's almost like that caliber and pistol were made for perfection. The only improvement was the Crimson Trace laser grips - again - like they were made together from the start.

Plus I have a threaded 9mm barrel I drop in it occasionally with a can on it - fun times!

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I carried a P239 in 9mm because at the time NY was limited to seven rounds in a magazine. I like it because it hides really well being a single stack, and it's accurate to boot. Magazines are available, as well as ten rounders, but when you see them you gotta be quick on the buy.

https://www.ammunitiondepot.co...-round-magazine.html

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Yes. It's the most concealable gun that still shoots like a full sized pistol.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 9mm, 239, when they first came out.
Very concealable, and accurate, but, as I got older, didn't want to carry that much weight.
In my 9mm "carry" guns, my Kimber Solo, and P365 are just as accurate as my old 239 was, and they weigh less.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I will say that for me shooting 357 Sig in the P239 is a handful.... especially with a DAK trigger....
I hope SA/DA will be a tad easier.... even though with crimson trace laser I can hit the target...

Here is a short video of shooting both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...u-4&feature=youtu.be

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
I love carrying the 239. It conceals very well and with a good belt and holster the weight is no problem for me.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Interesting discovery last night.... I was practicing dry fire drills... this is drawing from a 4 o'clock holster and taking aim and dry firing at a silhouette target about 10 feet way...per Front Sight's teachings....

My Sig P239 with the laser.... I don't have to use the sights or laser to instantly be set on the center of center mass... pistol aims perfectly

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"