SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Something about blued steel and wood (DW Valor)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something about blued steel and wood (DW Valor) Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted
I picked up a Dan Wesson Valor recently. It is astoundingly well put together for a production gun, but I've never been a fan of thin grips. G10 also seemed out of place on this one. Desert ironwood seems to fit it much better...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Ooooh, baybee! Now that is my idea of what a 1911 should look like. I REALLY like that!

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Ooooh, baybee! Now that is my idea of what a 1911 should look like. I REALLY like that!

You and me both. Clean lines, not a bunch of print on the slide, NO FRONT COCKING SERRATIONS. I've got a TRP that is very nice, and is a superb shooter, but this Valor is a thing of beauty and a great shooter.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Beautiful combination.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol all around. I hope to own a DW someday.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
looks very nice

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A piece of art that is functional.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It's an elegant weapon from a more civilized era...before the Dark Side...before Gaston...

And yes, it shoots as nice as it looks.

posted Hide Post
That sumbitch is a perfect 1911!!!

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Exactly!
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
A piece of art that is functional.

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is truly a thing of beauty! I have a DW Guardian and can also attest to the craftsmanship that DW puts into their guns.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J.M.B would be pleased...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that a lot. Congratulations on a beautiful pistol.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
This is a picture of a gun at the top of my wishlist. Beautiful.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

You and me both. Clean lines, not a bunch of print on the slide, NO FRONT COCKING SERRATIONS.

And NO rail.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
That’s a good looking pistol, for sure. No plastic on that baby. Nicely composed – you have good taste sir!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Used to be I never was all that fond of wood grips on an auto-loader, despite the fact my Ruger Mk I with the wood target grips literally melts into my hand. Then along came the Sig P239 SAS and I was in love. Have looked at wood grips on semi-autos differently, ever since then.

I once kind of fell out of love with bluing, too.

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of a blued pistol with wood grips, and the pic you just posted ain't helpin'

Seriously: Beautiful-looking pistol, copaup!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice!

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That is kinetic art. Beautiful handgun, great picture. Love the oily bluing at the muzzle.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post