SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need a diagram of P320 Striker Assembly Parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a diagram of P320 Striker Assembly Parts Login/Join 
posted
I need a picture or diagram of current P320 Striker Assembly parts. The schematics out there that I can find are pre-upgrade and are no longer accurate. The excellent SIG Parts Finder just shows the Striker Assembly as a unit.

Can anyone help?

Posts: 33 | Location: Lacey WA | Registered: August 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
All of the P320 parts are shown here:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/g...uto-pistols-sig/p320

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This is from the armorer manual of a course given in October 2018. The manual shows the disconnector and therefore it is after the upgrade.

(Sorry about the size; it's either too small or huge like this.)

Added: FWIW, I checked the manual for an April 2017 armorer course and the illustration for the striker assembly is exactly the same. The “upgrade” therefore evidently had no effect on the striker assembly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Howdy! The voluntary upgrade brought a few minor tweaks to the striker and striker housing. Most notably, striker mass is reduced, and the striker housing now features a pocket to help retain the striker lock. The most critically important upgrade changes are found in the FCU itself. I hope this helps.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
The voluntary upgrade brought a few minor tweaks to the striker and striker housing. ... I hope this helps.

-Bruce

Indeed it does.

In my spare parts supply I have two different strikers and I noticed that one evidently weighed less due to grooves behind the firing pin. It didn’t occur to me that that feature was part of the upgrade. As I mentioned, the illustration above that appeared in the armorer manual after the upgrade is evidently the same as the previous one and doesn’t accurately reflect the appearance of the lighter striker. I imagine that wasn’t considered important for the purposes of identifying the part.

Do you know if the older striker is usable in the upgraded guns?

As always, thank you for contributing your insights. These are the sorts of details I find very informative.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post