SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite Glock trigger configuration?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Glock trigger configuration? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I used to like the - OEM connector with a ny1 trigger. I liked the reset. Now, I may like the - OEM connector with S spring. I'm just wondering what everyone else likes.

Question:
What is your favorite Glock trigger/connector configuration?

Choices:
OEM out of the box
- connector and S spring
- connector and NY1 trigger
- connector and NY2 trigger
Aftermarket parts. If so, what?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OEM

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock spring, glock (-) minus connector, and a Glock smooth trigger to replace the serrated ones.

Glocks work exceptionally well in terms of reliability, over very long periods of time and round counts. Mixing in parts that aren't a part of that equation is moving in the wrong direction, unless it's a toy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Stock spring, glock (-) minus connector, and a Glock smooth trigger to replace the serrated ones.

Glocks work exceptionally well in terms of reliability, over very long periods of time and round counts. Mixing in parts that aren't a part of that equation is moving in the wrong direction, unless it's a toy.

Agreed.

The s springs do fail tho.

The plastic springs make the pull longer and less crisp than the s spring.

IMO

Posts: 5131 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I always replace with a smooth face trigger. I forgot to mention that.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks maybe ugly, but the triggers are great and they usually function 100% right out of the box.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Lately with my last two I've been leaving them OEM. But when I do "adjust" it's with a Gen3 G17/22/31 trigger bar, factory minus connector, stock spring.

I've toyed with plenty of aftermarket parts over the years but nowadays I feel most of those bits amount to wasted money chasing little to no tangible gain in shooting performance.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OEM - connector, that's it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
G34 straight out of the box, which apparently is the smooth shoe and oem - connector.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 23. I tried every combination of the stock spring, stock connenctor, "-" connector, and NY1 spring. What worked best for me was the "-"/NY1 combo, but I'm a revolver guy and this was probably the closest to a revolver-like trigger pull I could get with the Glock. If I get another Glock I will most likely use the same set-up.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Right from the box

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ghost rocket

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Ghost Tactical 5.0Lb

I like mine a little heavier and appreciate the overtravel stop

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factory minus connector with NY-1 trigger spring.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haley skimmer

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I just don't think they need anything but a smooth trigger and a case of ammunition. At 1000-2000 round count they = the polish job so I don't even bother with that deal anymore. Just shoot it, the more the better.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but I run stock out of the box internals on all mine.

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Aftermarket parts for me.

Running a Gen2 with a Salient flat trigger and a ZEV barrel, striker, and connector.

The trigger pull and reset are amazing!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Travis Haley Skimmer Trigger or Apex

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post