SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rail Attached Laser/LED Light options for EDC (nighttime)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rail Attached Laser/LED Light options for EDC (nighttime)? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
What does the SF hivemind like for a light/laser combo for under a pistol via rail attachment?

Something effective, bright, easy to actuate and you're able to find holders for?

Want this for EDC, so lightweight, effective, dependable and fit's into a modern holder. Suggestions? TIA!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Look at VIRIDIAN C5 AND C5L. Very compact with red or green laser, with or without a light. Ambidextrous activation buttons control on/off and modes. Either will fit as small a rail as is on an HK P2000sk and won't protrude beyond the muzzle. They are made of aircraft grade aluminum.

You might also check out the offerings of CRIMSON TRACE. They are made of polymer if that makes a difference.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not exactly what you asked for, but a Crimson Trace laser grip and THR-1 HL, I have found this combo to be pretty useful. With custom kydex holsters, this can be tailored to work with whatever choice you decide on. The good thing is about this set up is that you have two independant systems for light and/or laser. I don't think that both will be dead at the same time so at least you will have a light or laser incase one decided to crap out. If you have the integral combo you lose everything if the system goes down, batteries die, contacts corrode, etc. Just something to consider since you want this for an EDC setup you want some type of fail safe. Veridian makes a product as mentioned earlier if you are dead set on the laser/light combo. Everything costs, there is no free lunch when it comes to this stuff, there is always a trade off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll second what Super Shooter said above. My main HD pistol (229) has Crimson Trace grips and a SureFire light. I'm nearly blind without my glasses, so I thought the laser was important to me, and I like that it's on when I grip the pistol without having to flip a switch. I also like the redundancy of a separate light-- the odds of both failing simultaneously is low. Plus, at the range, I take the light off and still have the laser. It certainly helps that I like the grip of the CT grips too.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I have a Veridian X5L on both my EDC and HD guns. Love the Green laser light combo.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Surefire XC1 and am pretty happy with it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, I'd get a seperate laser (CTC grip) and a primary light for the front. That way you only train to actuate the light and don't have to worry about the laser.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post