SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 10rd magazine sleeve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 10rd magazine sleeve Login/Join 
posted
I am finding out that these are sort of a needle in a haystack sort of item. The Sig site says discontinued and a Google/DuckDuckGo search yielded no better results.
Does anyone know of a source for this item? Worst part? I don't need 15, I just need to track down a single.
Thanks for any help you can share.
LaMont in AZ

Posts: 41 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply, some years ago had them.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Years back I purchased a bulk box of 200 MecGar 10 round stainless magazine tubes for the P220. The parts to assemble them I could not locate. Even the company stated in email they did not sell parts. I guess the tubes were not considered a part. I sold them at a loss. Only option I can think of is try one from a cheap ProMag magazine to see if it fits.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The funny part? On Saturday I purchased one of the 10rd ProMags, with a sleeve on it. I may take a run at fabricating one for the Sig magazine. Not really an efficient use of time, but might take my mind off of putters for an hour or so.

Posts: 41 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Sleeve as in the metal tube or sleeve as in the plastic spacer?

I didn’t know the 10 round mags were ever sold without the spacer.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I am looking for the plastic sleeve that goes over the magazine to cover the metal that shows, otherwise at the base of the grip. I ran across the magazine at a local gun shop and did not realize the sleeve was going to be a challenge to locate. Not a huge deal, just a needle in a haystack.
LaMont in AZ

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Some time back I heard about people buying 10 round magazines directly from SIG that didn't have the sleeves, and SIG eventually replaced them for the people that called.

SIG's website may list them as discontinued, but if it was me, I'd give them a call anyway. Can't possibly hurt to give them a try as you're finding out. They may actually have one laying around, especially since you only need one.

FTR, the part number is SIGP220SLV.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...agazines-sleeve.html

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a good application for a 3D printer

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, originally the Sig 10 round P-220 mags did not come with a sleeve. I actually purchased a Pro-Mag 10 rounder and used the sleeve from that for my Sig 10 round mag. I am guessing it was less than a year that the factory mags came without the sleeve.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have one in parts box will check weds. If can find will p.m.and send

Posts: 29 | Location: tn | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a 3D printer might come in handy right about now.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
This sounds like a good application for a 3D printer

Ditto. Not a complicated part to make and not subject to any force.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have one of those without the sleeve too.

It's primary reason for being would be to prevent over insertion damage, right?

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never even thought of using a 3D printer to do this work. Thanks for that revelation. Sometimes the overthinking in my brain is a nuisance.
When I get it completed, I'll post pix.
LaMont in AZ

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

It's primary reason for being would be to prevent over insertion damage, right?

I guess? Don't know why one would ever want one.

Way back, when I started shooting USPSA, my P220ST was the only applicable gun I had, shot L-10 with the ten round mags, never had any issues over inserting them, even on rushed reloads at slide lock.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post