SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mouse Gun Fan Thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouse Gun Fan Thread Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
My most carried handgun is my Ruger LCP.
Bought it when they came out, sent it back for the recall.
Polished the barrel, added a CTC laser, Pachmayr slip on grip.
Had CCR refinish the slide and some parts in CPII.
Carry it in a High Noon pocket holster and a custom OWB.

New...

Now..

I also have Kahr CW380 and CM9.
Had the CM9 done in Ionbond and added a front night sight.
High Noon Pocket Grabber for the CW380 and a custom OWB for the CM9.

Carry a spare mag for any other these in an off side pocket.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
...I had a Walther TPH at one point. Bang. Jam.

I'm guessing you had the .22LR version, which was considered potent enough, and a lot less expensive to shoot than the other round it was available in, the .25ACP. The latter, IIRC, was significantly more reliable, but even in those days the cost to shoot made it undesirable.

I was born a bit too late to buy either one, 20 years old in 1968 when they were banned, and all sold out before 1969. If I had the chance, I would have chosen the .22LR as well.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Beretta PICO for me. Best little .380 I ever owned, and I've owned several. Reliable after about 400 or so rounds. It is more accurate than it has any right being, I installed the Beretta night sights which I am sure help a lot.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have more than one mouse gun but only one of them is carried daily: a Seecamp 32 in a DeSantis pocket holster. Perfect sized piece for front pocket carry. You don't even know it's there.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most days I'm carrying a Taurus tcp .380. It's cheap but it's also been 100% reliable. Something that couldn't be said about my LCP.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Click on the picture to enlarge
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I assume the Beretta Nano qualifies. I had some FE problems with this but since Beretta put a new ejector in, it has been flawless over several hundred rounds. I have a love hate relationship with the trigger but not enough to buy something else.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Everything's relative. With my small hands I only have two that I'd consider worthy of 'mouse' status. My 21A Bobcat and NAA Guardian 380 would be it. My SIG 238 is a veritable GIANT next to these two, and my G43 might as well be a full size. YMMV of course. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Beretta PICO for me. Best little .380 I ever owned, and I've owned several. Reliable after about 400 or so rounds. It is more accurate than it has any right being, I installed the Beretta night sights which I am sure help a lot.

I bought fairly early, then got a factory upgrade done. Not long after, Had to send it back for trigger failing to reset. Hoping to get to the range with it.

Love how thin and light it is. Shoots well at SD distances

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
That ain't a mouse gun, here's a mouse gun. Bought a Phoenix Arms .22 years ago for the kids to shoot for an intro to handguns. They had fun with it, as did I. Came in a locking plastic case, two barrels, two mags and a lock-in mag-insert. Was fun, but way too many safeties to do anything else with it but plink in the desert.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I have a NAA .32 clone of the seacamp. Nice lil pea shooter but heavy for size.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther TPH war story: (slight thread derail)
While working in a LGS, a dude brought in a NIB Walther TPH stainless .22 with 2 extra mags. I had to have it! Tried it out and it was consistently bang - jam. So, using my PD address I sent it off to Interarms to be fixed.
So I come home from lunch one day to find a low bid Dodge Diplomat in my driveway and a guy in a cheap suit sitting on my porch. My guest flashed an impressive Federal ID and badge which proclaimed him to be an ATF Agent. He went on to say he was investigating the theft of a Walther TPH. When I asked him if he thought that not only had I stolen the gun, but also then returned it to Interarms using my Departmenal address, he assured me that I was not a suspect. He was just following the chain of possession. After I explained how I got the gun, He climbed into the Diplomat and rode off into the sunset.
Two things occurred to me after his visit:
1- Adios TPH! Never to be seen again.
2- What would be the penalty for killing the dispatcher who freely gave out my home address to the Feds without a cell phone call to me first?
6 months pass. I am working on my bike in my garage when the same Diplomat pulls up. Same ATF guy gets out and hands me the TPH box. Which now has about 2 dozen layers of evidence tape wrapped around it. ATF guy explains the gun was not stolen, it was a paperwork error at Interarms.
So... when has the ATF actually RETURNED a gun they have confiscated? This was an amazing
event!
ATF guy and I shook hands and parted as friends.
I then tried out the returned TPH. Bang - jam.
The Feds never let Interarms work on the gun!
Brokenhearted, I sold it. I figured it was cursed.
And the final bite on the ass?
Walther TPHs are now going for as much as 1500 bucks now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My pocket BUG is a Sig P938 9mm.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Walther TPH war story: (slight thread derail)
While working in a LGS, a dude brought in a NIB Walther TPH stainless .22 with 2 extra mags. I had to have it! Tried it out and it was consistently bang - jam. So, using my PD address I sent it off to Interarms to be fixed.
So I come home from lunch one day to find a low bid Dodge Diplomat in my driveway and a guy in a cheap suit sitting on my porch. My guest flashed an impressive Federal ID and badge which proclaimed him to be an ATF Agent. He went on to say he was investigating the theft of a Walther TPH. When I asked him if he thought that not only had I stolen the gun, but also then returned it to Interarms using my Departmenal address, he assured me that I was not a suspect. He was just following the chain of possession. After I explained how I got the gun, He climbed into the Diplomat and rode off into the sunset.
Two things occurred to me after his visit:
1- Adios TPH! Never to be seen again.
2- What would be the penalty for killing the dispatcher who freely gave out my home address to the Feds without a cell phone call to me first?
6 months pass. I am working on my bike in my garage when the same Diplomat pulls up. Same ATF guy gets out and hands me the TPH box. Which now has about 2 dozen layers of evidence tape wrapped around it. ATF guy explains the gun was not stolen, it was a paperwork error at Interarms.
So... when has the ATF actually RETURNED a gun they have confiscated? This was an amazing
event!
ATF guy and I shook hands and parted as friends.
I then tried out the returned TPH. Bang - jam.
The Feds never let Interarms work on the gun!
Brokenhearted, I sold it. I figured it was cursed.
And the final bite on the ass?
Walther TPHs are now going for as much as 1500 bucks now.

you bought the gun on a 4473 before you sent it off to be repaired,, correct?

assuming you used your home address on the 4473 not the dept address, correct?

by following the 'trace' it lead to your home address,
unless they just ran if from the address you put on the paperwork for the repair, then would dispatch give them your address or IA or HR?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
NAA 22mag.

Because it disappears in your pocket.Or just about anywhere else you want to hide it.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATF went backwards after Interarms told them the gun was stolen from the factory. First stop was my department, then me, then LGS, then the distributor. Then back to Interarms who said, oopsie, we really did ship it after all.
Only took 6 months!

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
...Phoenix Arms .22 years ago...Was fun, but way too many safeties to do anything else with it but plink in the desert.

Unbelievable, how difficult it was to operate that SOB!!! Mad

I could never remember which safety had to be engaged in order to drop the mag, which was different from the safety that had to be engaged to operate the slide, which was different from the safety that had to be engaged to disassemble for cleaning...

It's in the back of some box in the back of my storage room, in the original box, with the well-thumbed owner's manual, and two mags, one of which wouldn't feed properly. I keep it only because it's more trouble than it's worth, to get rid of it.

By the way, Yooper, I see I guessed correctly that you had the .22LR version of the TPH. Now, think if you had bought the .25ACP instead -- no malfunctions, no return to Interarms, no visits from the ATF... Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If we're really talkin' meeces...

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa.... Big dot on tiny gun. Cool!

posted Hide Post
posted September 24, 2017 07:43 PM Hide Post
If we're really talkin' meeces..[/quote]

What brand of gun is that?

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post