SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mouse Gun Fan Thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouse Gun Fan Thread Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Been a while since we mousegun fans has a thread going on! Sound off with what you have and why you like it!

I’ll start:

Kel-Tec P-32, .32 ACP
Why: it’s tiny, flat and light and carries well in my front right pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. I can shoot it really well, it doesn’t pound my hand like many other mouse guns and the slide locks back after it goes empty, also something you hardly ever see in a pocket pistol.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Are 380's considered mouse guns? Here's my Mustang XSP with the Novak sights I had put on a few weeks ago. Made a good pistol even better (and the turnaround was Tuesday - Tuesday door to door).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP 380 (original version).

It’s tiny, flat and light and carries well in my front right pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. I can shoot it really well, it doesn’t pound my hand like many other mouse guns, takes a 7rd mag.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Beretta 81fs and FEG AP-MBP. I like the mild recoil of the .32acp. I would not want to hit by a fmj or xtp in that little caliber. I have even learned to reload those tiny casings.

Someday a NAA Guardian in .25 NAA!

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Probably pushing the mouse gun envelope but theyre the smallest 9mm I have found....that work.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have an LCP II that I carry often. When at work it's a backup gun, but on the weekends when I need something small it's near perfect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a serious mouse gun fan. Don't have pictures to post now, but here's my list:

• Kel-Tec P32
  • PSA Baby Browning clone
  • Beretta 950 Jetfire
  • Seecamp .25
  • NAA Pug .22WMR
  • SIG P238
  • Kahr CT380

I don't know if the Kahr is technically a "mouse gun." It's on the borderline of too-big-for-pocket-carry. I have some other .380s that I wouldn't put on the list because they're definitely too big for the pocket. So let's just leave it there.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My mouse gun. I call it Noisy Cricket Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would consider pretty much any smaller .380 a mouse gun, Kahr included.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G43. The mouse that roared.
The only true mouse gun I regret like hell selling:
Seecamp .32
I had a Walther TPH at one point. Bang. Jam.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Ruger LCR .22 WMR. I carry Hornady FTX self defense ammo. One I carry as BUG and then carry both when moving about my condo bldg. Easy to carry as pocket guns and safe with out holster because of heavy trigger pull. 12 lbs but feels like 15 lbs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so pleased with my newest bad boy! This gun has far exceeded my greatest expectations

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stroonz,

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Works for me Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I would consider pretty much any smaller .380 a mouse gun, Kahr included.

True, but mine is the CT, not the CW. It's OK for cargo pockets, but not so good for regular ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w06ZrfaqKMw

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
A true mouse gun...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own too many mouse guns. Not sure why. Some I wanted, others too cheap to pass up.

Seecamp .25 (new production)
Seecamp .32 (first year)
Bauer .25
Beretta Bobcat .25
Baby Browning .25
NAA Guardian .32
NAA .22 lr
NAA .22 short
Kel Tec .380
Remington RM380

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I don't keep this mouse gun for defensive purposes. When I saw this Astra .22 LR for sale, my first thought was: What a great plinker or camp gun for taking a rabbit or two for the pot!

These .380s all have served me well as CCW options, but who can think of a Walther PPk as a "mouse gun" considering its size compared to what's available in that same caliber now?

I guess my P238 counts, but what about a P938? Does its 9mm caliber disqualify it as a mouse gun? Size sure doesn't!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
some may be borderline mousey,

Seecamp 32,
High Standard 22mag derringer
S&W 40 centennial, 38 spl
Detonics Combat Master (MKI) fits in the pocket of a pair of baggy shorts well)
interarms/walther PP
Star BKS 9mm

have a couple of Colt Jr's (Astra made 25acp) and Baby Brownings, as well as a Bauer, but have not ever carried them
had a Beretta 950bs but sold it off when I got the Seecamp

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've got a Seecamp .380 - with a magazine autographed by Larry Seecamp.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the p238 grips and gripmscrews?

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I don't keep this mouse gun for defensive purposes. When I saw this Astra .22 LR for sale, my first thought was: What a great plinker or camp gun for taking a rabbit or two for the pot!

These .380s all have served me well as CCW options, but who can think of a Walther PPk as a "mouse gun" considering its size compared to what's available in that same caliber now?

I guess my P238 counts, but what about a P938? Does its 9mm caliber disqualify it as a mouse gun? Size sure doesn't!

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post