SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 357 SIG barrels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 357 SIG barrels? Login/Join 
Picture of Fusternc
posted
Anyone know who makes a reputable and reliable .357 SIG barrel that drops into a HK P30? Wanting one with super dependability for a hiking, CCW, camp, and of course range gun. Thanks!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at this barrel to do exactly the same thing. Like the idea of carrying the P30 in .357.

From all my research the RCM barrels seem GTG.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I plan on doing the same. But RCM now sells direct so you can cut out the middle man. Unfortunately out of stock directly from RCM. https://rimcountrymfg.com/prod...-p30-357-sig-barrel/

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
I plan on doing the same. But RCM now sells direct so you can cut out the middle man. Unfortunately out of stock directly from RCM. https://rimcountrymfg.com/prod...-p30-357-sig-barrel/

Wow, good to know. I'll definitely be going that route. Thanks for the heads up.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
As info, these barrels are back in stock as of today.

Complacency sucks…

posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice addition to your P30. I recently purchased a 357 Sig barrel for my HK P2000 and I am just loving it. One of the most important things will be to get "proper" ammo. I purchased Underwood Item #149 that is 125 grain bonded JHP rated at 1475 fps. I have not personally chrono'ed the ammo, but I read a report that the difference between a 3.6" / 3.9" and 4.4" barrel was only something like 30fps between the shorter barrel and the longest barrel. Why carry long when short will do?
It seems like most other ammo manufactures rate their 357 Sig 125 grainers at only 1,350 fps from a 4" barrel. Still hotter than a +P 9mm, but no where near the Underwood ammo.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post