SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking recommendations for J-Frame aftermarket stocks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking recommendations for J-Frame aftermarket stocks Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Crimson Trace 405. Substantial reduction in Recoil.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
I have heard of some people taking the grip from a Taurus compact revolver (I don't know what model...equivalent to a J-frame) that was a boot-style grip, cut to the length of the grip frame but covering the backstrap.

I believe it's the Taurus 85. People buy takeoffs from eBay and modify them slightly to fit the RB J frame. If you fuck it up you're prolly only out $10. Although I didn't check eBay for either price or availability.

They are indeed, the ticket for my taste. You don't need to modify the grips. You only need to punch out the locator pin at the bottom of the J grip-frame. It's basically centered on a Smith, but further forward on a Taurus. Thus, the Taurus grips won't seat onto a Smith with the pin in place.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post