SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flork's Lubrication Recommendation
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flork's Lubrication Recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of lorenasa
posted Hide Post
Just seems like time to bumb this again...Why doesn't a moderator make this a sticky?

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" -- Jim Elliot

Posts: 311 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gorenut
posted Hide Post
Indeed, need a sticky. This thread is how I actually ran into the Sigforum. I've since favorited this thread.

Posts: 878 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, do I use oil or grease for the outside of the barrel on a P226? And, I assume oil or a lighter grease, like TW-25B, on other internals? Or do I grease them as well?

Posts: 214 | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I use grease on everything, including the barrel and the internals.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SmokeJumper
posted Hide Post
AhSo 'Spiderhopper', you make young lady very ... very .... very .... something. Big Grin

Don't Let The Smoke Get In Your Eyes.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump to pg 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrt81
posted Hide Post
Hey Flork I was wondering if you've tried out the Weapon Shield grease? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Posts: 680 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for meddling with new members
posted Hide Post
Any grease will slow the action of the slide and should be used VERY sparingly. Products like Slide Glide, when used correctly, can be a great way to reduce wear. When used incorrectly, it is far worse in your EDC than using absolutely nothing at all.

Posts: 7319 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Nope, haven't tried the Weapon Shield line of products, though I've heard good things.

------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lorenasa
posted Hide Post
Monthly ***BUMP***

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" -- Jim Elliot

Posts: 311 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
Up for May viewing - SIG's like grease much better than oil.

Posts: 5102 | Location: troy.ohio.USA | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPSig226
posted Hide Post
Coudos to Flork for such a great job educating and entertaining !!!

Posts: 135 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XTrooper:

Unless you use a synthetic grease like the Tetra gun grease I've been using for years. Its operating temperature range is from -100°F to 750°F which should cover any "cold blasts of winter" that may be encountered.

So I guess that Tetra is good for when hell freezes over, and when hell boils over! Big Grin

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
Nope, haven't tried the Weapon Shield line of products, though I've heard good things.

Best lube I´ve ever used.

George, the owner of the co., has explicitly stated that grease is not needed, however he now makes one as many still believe that it is necessary when in reality the problem was merely twofold: people who don´t lube & those who use an inferior product.

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ContractSoldier
posted Hide Post
I vote for sticky

When i first seen the picture's, it looked like to much grease, guess I've been around Glocks to long where they only want you to use one drop of whatever. I'm still new to Sigs.

I'm going to try the TW25B that comes with Sigs, but what's the best of the best grease to use?

On the Sig P250, I'm going to place grease on all four of the frame pads the slide rides on, I'm also going to place some grease inside both slide rails, that being said, i was just going to place a 1 inch length worth of grease inside the rail groves on the slide, would this be enough grease inside the rail groves on the slide or should i place grease the entire length of the slide rails?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ContractSoldier,

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thread. I'm always interested in this topic. I had a syringe of Wilson's Ultimate Lube that I used in the mid 90s to the early 2000s. Worked well on most guns. Have since went back to good old gun oil.

Posts: 18017 | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Still one of the best threads so back to the top for July viewing.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dondavis3
posted Hide Post
This is a good thread.

Thanks

Cool

Posts: 1385 | Location: Dallas / Fort Worth Area | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Slide Glide Lite for pretty much everything except springs that get a dab of oil. For the rails and frames, after putting on the SG, I use an oil floater of two drops of Otis Gun oil on each side of frame. Reassemble and rack the slide about 10 tens and wipe of any excess. Works like a champ for me.

Posts: 246 | Location: SD | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on using Gunzilla for everything?

Posts: 11 | Registered: June 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post