SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P365; my thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365; my thoughts Login/Join 
posted
When the P365 was first introduced, my thoughts were that I would one day own one. In 2013 I purchased a 938 and I carried it almost exclusively daily for 7 years. I never thought any thing could replace it for carry until recently.

My initial impression when I first picked it up was how small the P365 actually felt. The trigger had a little creep and then broke a bit crunchy, but that smoothed out in the first 200 rounds. Sights were good, but rear X-ray is a bit tiny at night. I’m wondering if it’s made that way purposely because the front sight is brighter and this allows you to concentrate more on the front sight. The gun shoots perfectly to point of aim, and rounds land on target. This gun is very easy to shoot accurately.

After shooting 252 rounds of self defense ammo I’m still getting stoppage with 147gr HST rounds. The hollow points are jamming on the feed ramp. Not certain it’s a mag problem or gun problem but, I can’t trust these rounds for carry. This happened only twice in a whole box of 50, but so far it’s been 100% reliable with 115 gr Gold Dots and 115 gr. Critical Defense. So, I have decided to carry the 365 stuffed with Hornady CD.

Concerning the primer drag problem of earlier production guns, mine showed no evidence of primer drag. It has a born on date of July 30, 2019.

Last but not least, this gun has been residing in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster in the front pocket of my cargo shorts. Very easy to carry all day like that.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
My first P365 January gun that came out at launch, had a dead front sight, but ate everything I could throw at it. My 2nd, wouldn't fee the 147 grain HST. If you look at that bullets OAL, it's huge. 124 Grain Sig V-Crown has a much shorter OAL and fed really well, but had a light primer strike every 4-5 rounds.

My 3rd and current carry P365 feeds everything. I don't know if polishing the feedramp will help, but when I had my 2nd P365 sent back from Sig, it was polished.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I'd contact Sig and let them make it right.

Your gun doesn't seem to exhibit the usual failure to lock back or failure to go into battery that many report on initial range trips, which might be helped by break in.

I love my 365 so much that I'm taking my next pistol course with it.

Hope you get this ironed out.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Only thing I have shot through my 365 was (and will till it's gone) Federal from WalMart. Since they don't sell it any longer, I'll try something else.

Other than this, how do you like YOUR 365?

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never thought I would own one and now I am lost without it. Very comfortable to shoot and carry. I was surprised to see how comfy it is in my hand being so small.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
small guns are very difficult to engineer

as mentioned -- i think you are wise to find an HP round that has a shorter cartridge OAL and stick with that

115 GDHP is a solid choice

there are even budget 9mm jhps from Fed / Rem / Win that I would use if they afforded 100% reliability

plus with the lower cost you could practice with them in volume

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the review. I'm at exactly same spot, carrying a 938 mostly and trying to decide 365 or 365xl.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to rub it in, but my P365 has no trouble digesting 147gr HST's. In fact, they are my choice of carry load in this little gun. You should get in touch with Sig customer service and discuss this issue with them.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the P365 club. I just bought my first one a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I also pocket carry so I got the SAS version.

P228 W. German
P365 SAS
P322

Posts: 9 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Club. My P365 rides in an Alabama pocket holster.

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Sorry to learn yours had issues with Federal HST 147 grain loads. I put several hundred of those through my P365 without such problems, but individual feed ramps can differ in small degrees. I recently switched over to the standard pressure Winchester 147 grain "T" Series Ranger loads. Their terminal performance is very similar to HST, but the round appears to have less felt recoil and muzzle blast. You may want to try those out and see if they function well in you P365.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first time I took my new 365 out it would feed FMJ flawlessly but I was experiencing hangups with Federal HST 124 grain. I brought it home and cleaned it well and lightly polished the feed ramp with Iosso Bore Cleaning and Polishing Compound. After that I have never had a hangup with anything.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014746351

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post