SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Compact Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
After years of buying then regretting I’m finally getting some of my older pistols back. One of these is a 92FS compact (no rail) I sold 6+ years ago. Once I’ve got it back I have a couple of questions...

Does Beretta make a D spring for the compact model to improve trigger pull?

Who makes a good, thin line grip for the 92 FS compact?

Any other suggestions will help.

Thsnks!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wilson makes great grips.
I also have a set of cool hand thin grips that I like.
I THINK the same D spring is used for compact and full size.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
VZ Grips make an especially ergonomic grip that thins the grip as needed.

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Hammer spring is the same for full size and compact.

Langdon has good hammer springs. I use the 13# with reliable results.

https://www.langdontactical.co...-spring-12-13-14-16/

Langdon also has nice grips.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Wilson or Langdon. Post some pics when you get her right.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 92 compact is a fav of mine. It’s great pistol to work up. I’ve swapped not only the grips, but the hammer with an Elite Skeletal hammer & also replaced the mag release with a Beretta extended one. I too have achieved good results using a 13lb hammer spring & a LTT optimized trigger bar. A little money goes a long way on improving a very good pistol, great. Good luck

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 92 compact is a fav of mine.

Mine as well. It's one of my EDC pistols. I had mine sent to WC for a complete upgrade. 12# spring has been reliable. Among other things, they tuned the trigger down to 6.5 lbs DA & 3.5 lbs SA. G kit...the works. Plus Mec-Gar makes 15 rd mags for it. Worth every penny!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I have the railed inox and love it it is in my fall and winter edc rotation.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Love the 92 compact. I changed mine slightly with the Langdon thin grips, wilson mag release, G conversion and main spring swap. Here it is (albeit in a crappy picture) next to two of it's older siblings.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Langdon, WC and LOK grips all work, as far as the drop in D spring, U may want to check in at Beretta forums, great place. I have the wilson combat as well as a new 96a1, i am about to send to allegheny arms for a complete makeover

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
The 92 compact is a fav of mine. It’s great pistol to work up. I’ve swapped not only the grips, but the hammer with an Elite Skeletal hammer & also replaced the mag release with a Beretta extended one. I too have achieved good results using a 13lb hammer spring & a LTT optimized trigger bar. A little money goes a long way on improving a very good pistol, great. Good luck

This^^^
Get the Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag. Expensive but worth it.

https://www.langdontactical.co...bag-92-96-m9-series/

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post