SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Although I recently joined the AR hive and have a Mini-14, I would most likely roll out with my Marlin 336. If I saw any need for high volume fire, I would retreat or not go forward. Handgun would be 2022.
These would be the guns I would miss the least if they got confiscated after the action.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
My question isn't what's your EDC...but what do put in your CCW holster when you really have no choice but to go where trouble is, and you really might need to defend yourself.
Either a Glock 22 or Glock 27.

quote:
Second...what type of leather do you use?
I don't. I use kydex.

Glock 22, I use either a Safariland 6395, or JM Custom Kydex OWB2.
Glock 27, I use either a FIST #20 Hybrid, or slightly modified G-Code INCOG Eclipse.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defending the homestead from rabid 2-leggers? XCR. Have conversion kit to 7.62x39 I keep in a soft side pool cue case. Pistol would be the one I have most mags for, which is the P229. I'd keep the bolt action handy just for the 4-14 scope.

If you're talking only pistol, can I cheat and stick with the XCR because it's registered in my home state as a pistol? If not, I guess I'd go with the P229 in an OWB kydex holster. Maybe take the SP2022 as backup. Either way, to carry enough ammo, I'd have to break out the chest rig, which is kinda embarasssing but it's the only way to haul enough mags.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 in a Blade Tech IWB every day. Colt M4 is rifle of choice.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work, when I'm foolish enough to go do some dumb stuff: G-21 W/TLR-1s, Safariland holster, 3 mags.
LMT Defender, Streamlight, Comp-M4, 2-3 extra mags
a good knife & a leatherman, there's a small first aid kit too.

Plain clothes, it depends... G-17 or the G-19.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
LEO here for almost twenty years so I'm used to carrying stuff around so the weight doesn't bother me.

My personal daily offduty loadout is a gen3 32 with TLR-1HL in a BCA holster (I have both IWB and OWB for this depending on how I want to carry), two spare mags and a gen3 33 as a backup in my pocket. This has served me well for a long time.

If I'm planning on going into harms way (why would I do that off duty?), I do have body armor (soft and hard) and a few suppressed SBRs to choose from.

At work, it's just my gen4 31 with TLR-1HL, four spare mags and my gen3 33 as a backup in my pocket. In the car is a Benelli semi-auto shotgun and a modified ancient M16 (We just kept the government supplied lower, stuck collapsible stocks, shorter uppers and a light on them, so yes, they have the giggle switch). I keep my rifle plate carrier in the trunk.

In a SHTF scenario, I'd probably grab one of my Beretta 92s.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only times this has happened to me my choice was dictated by Uncle Sam m4 seven magazines beretta m9 three magazines. In my life right now should this scenario come to pass my 870 and ar and glock 19. The sad reality however is when really bad stuff happens you are most likely to have access to something less than ideal. A few weeks ago we we told to prep for evacuation if the forest fire got too close, and a small lock box with about 1/2 my pistols was packed loaded with one spare mag or speedloader each. I had a long gun or two in the car that are always stored there but prepared to leave the remainder behind. Sensitive documents pets etc were higher on my priority list than all my guns and ammo. Besides if we packed nothing else and dedicated two hours to packing all guns and ammo into every available space in two vehicles we probably would run out of room anyway

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As LE, I would tailor the gear to the mission. Unless I suspected those I was hunting (after all, it's a going out the door scenario), it's one of my Glock 17's and my BCM/Colt M4. Should I think they're wearing plates, I swap the M4 for a Greek EBO 91k (G3 type). I wear a Mayflower LPAC with TYR plates and a snap on chest rig to complimentmy duty belt.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
glock 19, two back up 17 mags, AR-15 pistol in backback with a chest rig.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Fuck the handgun. AR pistol or SBR, LOTS of mags and ammo. Sling...no holster. But if I had to haul one around, it be a Glock in compact form. G19, G23, G32...it doonna matter. Extended mags galore.

Yet despite that Glock lovefest and all, these days I'd be tempted to grab my M9A3. Frickin' thing is one hell of a shooter for me. Need a LOT more mags, however I do have a few Beretta 30 rounders...and a decent holster.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine a scenario where I'd be required to go into harms way of my own free will, but, if so... I guess my Sig P320F .45 ACP in its Bloodline Nocturnal holster, my AR-15 and two spare mags for each.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My 6" Glock G40 MOS 10mm in a pancake style leather holster with four magazines on my belt and more magazines in a range bag. I would also take my Armalite AR-10 with lots of spare loaded magazines and my Benelli SuperNova Tactical Pump 12 guage. I would put 50 caliber ammo boxes of 10mm, 7.62X51, and 12 gauge in the trunk.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion in an Andrews Monarch shoulder holster and a Colt M4 Carbine.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
My 6" Glock G40 MOS 10mm in a pancake style leather holster with four magazines on my belt and more magazines in a range bag. I would also take my Armalite AR-10 with lots of spare loaded magazines and my Benelli SuperNova Tactical Pump 12 guage. I would put 50 caliber ammo boxes of 10mm, 7.62X51, and 12 gauge in the trunk.

Damn LimaCharlie, you planning to be here all day? Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:

Yes Mr Wick, about desert, we offer you some of the finest cutlery, freshly stoned.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
In this hypothetical situation, I would grab the trusty G17 and an AK of sorts. Lots and lots of mags. Perhaps an AR-10 if need be.

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I wrote a reply last night that autocorrect made it look like I had drank way too much NyQuil.

Theoretically, if I was planning this, it would be a P226 and an AR. In reality, it would be whatever gun I have on me and an AR. I shoot them all really good so I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over the handgun choice. The handgun would be less of a consideration than the AR, if I'm reading the what if correctly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In large part, depends on the situation. If I am going into OKC or some other location where there exists the possibility for trouble but things haven't gone all Mad Max I will continue to wear my P229 with a spare magazine and an extra one in the truck and I also keep an old police trade-in 870.

Now, if we are talking about driving into an environment that seems similar to New Orleans post Katrina I would be wearing my Beretta M9A1 with WC parts, 800 lumin Streamlight, and twenty round hate sticks in a Safariland holster on a duty belt. I would also have my BCM AR with a 3x Burris prism scope and 1200 lumin Olight.

However, I would need a REALLY good reason to be going there in the first place.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing I carry everyday. I always have a G19 in my get home bag and a g26L on my belt with a 18" Tavor in the truck. Spare mags and medical. So no change for me.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don't go into harms way. As a matter of fact I try to give harm all the right of way it needs to make a right turn out of my way.

Should harm find me then it's likely it will find me with a .40 caliber HK P2000 and a scream not unlike that of a 6 year old girl finding a tarantuala. I am hoping that acts as a distraction.....it will totally be a tactical 6 year old girl scream....totally.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post