SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
My question isn't what's your EDC...but what do put in your CCW holster when you really have no choice but to go where trouble is, and you really might need to defend yourself.

Second...what type of leather do you use?

Mine...

My G19 Gen4, in a good kydex holster that puts it close your side...(Right now it's a Armored Carry but I'm looking for something better.)

I have to say the G19 is the best all-around pistol I have found...even compared to my P320...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 1911 and an AR-15.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
to go where trouble is

If unable to avoid, a G19 and AR15, plus I'd get some body armor.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
1911, FAL, full battle rattle, lots-o-full mags for both.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
American P-220/.38 Super in a Galco Fletch holster.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Can you give an example of a "no choice" scenario for a non-LEO or military person? I can't think of one offhand.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AK is in the trunk with 2-30 round magazines in the glove box. I would probably trade that with the AR and grab my 229.
I would try to avoid trouble though. The AK in the trunk is for SHTF rioting or the like. Small car and I have access to the trunk through the back seat.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Can you give an example of a "no choice" scenario for a non-LEO or military person? I can't think of one offhand.

The Baltimore riots kinda come to mind but I would add that I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car.
Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car. Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

Been there, done that.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

The Baltimore riots kinda come to mind but I would add that I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car.
Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

Why would you leave the safety of your home to go into the Baltimore riots?

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I go where I sense 'trouble' might exist my pistol choice isn't really relevant, my rifle choice is. But when I go my choice to accompany me is an hk45 in a bladetech holster mounted on my plate carrier with a sure fire light. A G19 is a great gun but it would not be my choice for any circumstance that I knew it "really counts".

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scar 17s and P226 (in a blackpoint tactical equipped war belt) are my go to war guns

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 in my galco shoulder holster witha glock26 IWB.

But i do that for road trips and going to movies and anywhere ill be seated for long periods of time since its easier to draw from the shoulder holster than hip when in a car or theater seat etc.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Right now? The P229 Legion and the Walther PPS as a backup, and the M4 carbine clone I've put together, with as many spare magazines as I can stuff under my coat and in my ruck. They're all proven, more so than some of my more expensive firearms.

But then this would be some serious TEOTWAWKI stuff. Mass riots, zombie apocalypse, invading aliens, et cetera.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll give you one. I was half an inch from heading to New Orleans post Katrina to get my little brother, his wife and newborn baby. Glocks, ARs and lots of gas cans were coming with me.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

I'll give you one. I was half an inch from heading to New Orleans post Katrina to get my little brother, his wife and newborn baby. Glocks, ARs and lots of gas cans were coming with me.
Pretty much that kind of thing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
to go where trouble is

If unable to avoid, a G19 and AR15, plus I'd get some body armor.

This.

And yeah, I never weathered a really bad hurricane when I lived in Florida, but plenty of friends and family there have. Looters and collapse of law is a concern when nature turns the situation to shit. Staying in your sunken abode might not be an option.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
My question isn't what's your EDC...but what do put in your CCW holster when you really have no choice but to go where trouble is, and you really might need to defend yourself.

If I am knowingly going into harms way?

Done it more than once

I have my vest on, my gunbelt with a SIG (P220 or P229) and 4 spare magazines, either a 12 ga Ithaca 37 or my MP5/10 (depending on the type of harm) and the rest of my team

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I understand your point...this is more theoretical - but for me I work as an LEO, so I can think of a few times when I had to come into work right through all kinds of bad behavior.

I hear you all with the rifle ideas...I guess I'm kind of old school... we used to roll just with a handgun and maybe a shotgun if we had it...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No choice but get in the shit willingly? Depends if I'm home or away. Away, the SBR or AK. At home my mag feeding shotgun with loaded drums, all 00. I've always got a double stack Glock on me with at least one spare magazine.

The LEO question is valid. We civilians don't get paid to carry a gun, don't have a department or DA getting our backs. So if I see conflict in this litigious society, I'm in shape, so I'll sprint, hurdle, climb, or crawl my way to safety. I'm no match, as one civilian, against a riot or a mob. One on one, one on two, with lives on the line, situational. That's a much larger discussion than some thread.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post