SIGforum
OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9080018724

July 25, 2017, 08:05 PM
bcjwriter
OK...when it really counts, what do you go out the door with?
My question isn't what's your EDC...but what do put in your CCW holster when you really have no choice but to go where trouble is, and you really might need to defend yourself.

Second...what type of leather do you use?

Mine...

My G19 Gen4, in a good kydex holster that puts it close your side...(Right now it's a Armored Carry but I'm looking for something better.)

I have to say the G19 is the best all-around pistol I have found...even compared to my P320...

July 25, 2017, 08:10 PM
Fredward
A 1911 and an AR-15.
July 25, 2017, 08:12 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
to go where trouble is

If unable to avoid, a G19 and AR15, plus I'd get some body armor.
July 25, 2017, 08:15 PM
rduckwor
1911, FAL, full battle rattle, lots-o-full mags for both.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
July 25, 2017, 08:19 PM
P-220
American P-220/.38 Super in a Galco Fletch holster.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
July 25, 2017, 08:23 PM
egregore
Can you give an example of a "no choice" scenario for a non-LEO or military person? I can't think of one offhand.
July 25, 2017, 08:27 PM
joatmonv
AK is in the trunk with 2-30 round magazines in the glove box. I would probably trade that with the AR and grab my 229.
I would try to avoid trouble though. The AK in the trunk is for SHTF rioting or the like. Small car and I have access to the trunk through the back seat.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
July 25, 2017, 08:40 PM
joatmonv
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Can you give an example of a "no choice" scenario for a non-LEO or military person? I can't think of one offhand.

The Baltimore riots kinda come to mind but I would add that I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car.
Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
July 25, 2017, 08:45 PM
synthplayer
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car. Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

Been there, done that.

I found what you said riveting.
July 25, 2017, 08:47 PM
grumpy1
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

The Baltimore riots kinda come to mind but I would add that I would have to be totally blocked in and unable to move the car.
Just people attacking my car and I have an open road? Gas pedal to the floor.

Why would you leave the safety of your home to go into the Baltimore riots?
July 25, 2017, 09:02 PM
hrcjon
If I go where I sense 'trouble' might exist my pistol choice isn't really relevant, my rifle choice is. But when I go my choice to accompany me is an hk45 in a bladetech holster mounted on my plate carrier with a sure fire light. A G19 is a great gun but it would not be my choice for any circumstance that I knew it "really counts".

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
July 25, 2017, 09:05 PM
kilyung
Scar 17s and P226 (in a blackpoint tactical equipped war belt) are my go to war guns
July 25, 2017, 09:18 PM
PorterN
Glock 19 in my galco shoulder holster witha glock26 IWB.

But i do that for road trips and going to movies and anywhere ill be seated for long periods of time since its easier to draw from the shoulder holster than hip when in a car or theater seat etc.

July 25, 2017, 09:21 PM
Rob Decker
Right now? The P229 Legion and the Walther PPS as a backup, and the M4 carbine clone I've put together, with as many spare magazines as I can stuff under my coat and in my ruck. They're all proven, more so than some of my more expensive firearms.

But then this would be some serious TEOTWAWKI stuff. Mass riots, zombie apocalypse, invading aliens, et cetera.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
July 25, 2017, 09:25 PM
ruger357
quote:

I'll give you one. I was half an inch from heading to New Orleans post Katrina to get my little brother, his wife and newborn baby. Glocks, ARs and lots of gas cans were coming with me.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
July 25, 2017, 09:27 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

I'll give you one. I was half an inch from heading to New Orleans post Katrina to get my little brother, his wife and newborn baby. Glocks, ARs and lots of gas cans were coming with me.
Pretty much that kind of thing.
July 25, 2017, 09:33 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
to go where trouble is

If unable to avoid, a G19 and AR15, plus I'd get some body armor.

This.

And yeah, I never weathered a really bad hurricane when I lived in Florida, but plenty of friends and family there have. Looters and collapse of law is a concern when nature turns the situation to shit. Staying in your sunken abode might not be an option.

July 25, 2017, 10:15 PM
colt_saa
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
My question isn't what's your EDC...but what do put in your CCW holster when you really have no choice but to go where trouble is, and you really might need to defend yourself.

If I am knowingly going into harms way?

Done it more than once

I have my vest on, my gunbelt with a SIG (P220 or P229) and 4 spare magazines, either a 12 ga Ithaca 37 or my MP5/10 (depending on the type of harm) and the rest of my team

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com
July 25, 2017, 10:45 PM
bcjwriter
quote:

I understand your point...this is more theoretical - but for me I work as an LEO, so I can think of a few times when I had to come into work right through all kinds of bad behavior.

I hear you all with the rifle ideas...I guess I'm kind of old school... we used to roll just with a handgun and maybe a shotgun if we had it...

July 25, 2017, 11:15 PM
Prefontaine
No choice but get in the shit willingly? Depends if I'm home or away. Away, the SBR or AK. At home my mag feeding shotgun with loaded drums, all 00. I've always got a double stack Glock on me with at least one spare magazine.

The LEO question is valid. We civilians don't get paid to carry a gun, don't have a department or DA getting our backs. So if I see conflict in this litigious society, I'm in shape, so I'll sprint, hurdle, climb, or crawl my way to safety. I'm no match, as one civilian, against a riot or a mob. One on one, one on two, with lives on the line, situational. That's a much larger discussion than some thread.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone