SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock G22, Gen. 2: Did It Come With A Lock? A Mag loader (helper)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock G22, Gen. 2: Did It Come With A Lock? A Mag loader (helper)? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Kind of odd questions, but I'm trying to put all the original bits back together for my G22, Gen. 2 and the only thing of which I'm not certain is: Did it come with a gun lock? And, if so: What?

I've got two cable style gun locks in my store of gun bits and pieces. One of them is red, and, looking around on-line, I see red cable locks with later-generation Glocks.

OTOH: Being an early Glock, it came in one of those "tupperware" boxes, and there's really not all that much room in there.

I've also a selection of trigger (guard) locks.

I wonder if, in 1993, which is when I bought this gun, the whole "include a lock with every gun" thing wasn't yet in (full) swing?

I've also got a simple magazine-loader-helper kind of a thing. (Similar to a MagLULA, but simpler and not as effective.) I suspect that did come with it? I've also a 3rd- or 4th-generation G34, and I have only one of these, so I suspect that, if it did come with the G22, they stopped including them in later generations?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was no lock with mine; roughly same time frame. Tupperware box, bore brush, magazine and loader.
S.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I suspect that did come with it? I've also a 3rd- or 4th-generation G34, and I have only one of these, so I suspect that, if it did come with the G22, they stopped including them in later generations?

AFAIK, all generation Glocks come with the magazine loader. So your G34 would have originally come with one too.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:
There was no lock with mine; roughly same time frame. Tupperware box, bore brush, magazine and loader.
S.

And cleaning rod.

No user's manual, right? I don't recall one (which means little), there's none in the box, and none in my "gun stuff" file folder. I do have a photocopied "Glock 17/Glock 19" document, which also leads me to believe there was no user's manual.

Re: Glock magazine loader...

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
AFAIK, all generation Glocks come with the magazine loader. So your G34 would have originally come with one too.

Found it. It was in a storage drawer with some mags.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

As an aside: I always liked the "tupperware" boxes Glock's used to come in. I always thought they were a good idea.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct, no user's manual; it was a couple stickers in the box; one on the lid, one on the bottom. Cleaning rod was plastic (in keeping w/ the theme, I suppose...) and the bore brush was nylon.
S.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:
Correct, no user's manual; it was a couple stickers in the box; one on the lid, one on the bottom. Cleaning rod was plastic (in keeping w/ the theme, I suppose...) and the bore brush was nylon.
S.

Yup.

Thanks!