SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 for sale on auction sites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 for sale on auction sites Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone seen all the well used P228's that have shown up on some of the auctions sites? Anyone know where thy may have come from?

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
A bunch of them were Israeli surplus.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't touch them.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wouldn't touch them.

I learned that lesson first hand when they had a large batch listed two years ago. It came in dirty as hell and caked with crude. Got home clean it up really good and found out it had cracks along the frame. Called CDI to let them know and they took it back and gave me a refund for the P228 but I was still out my transfer fee.

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that they have ones with frame cracks they are selling for parts only. I decided to risk it and got one of the $300.00 ones, I have a spare slide complete and most of the frame internals so if the Frame is sound I will be in good shape. But I will clean it and strip it down before I take it home in case their is an issue. Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
If the frame is in good shape, these might be a fun project/beater gun. Are they just on gunbroker?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is where I have seen them.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majbgd:
I see that they have ones with frame cracks they are selling for parts only. I decided to risk it and got one of the $300.00 ones, I have a spare slide complete and most of the frame internals so if the Frame is sound I will be in good shape. But I will clean it and strip it down before I take it home in case their is an issue. Thanks for the replies.

I was interested in one of these as I have an older P229 in .40 which I thought would be cool to slap the locking block and upper onto and turn it into a P228. Then I saw that they won't ship them without the broken frame...so it still has to go through an FFL, and I'll be out an additional $45 for a frame that I can't even use. No thanks.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have an Israeli "turn in", rode hard and driven like a rental. But it has meaning for me. As an investment for a shooter, I would tell others to pass.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post