SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL With Romeo, Manual Safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL With Romeo, Manual Safety Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone purchased P365XL Romeo with manual safety? Or did you have to purchase after you had the firearm? Did you install or have smith install? What are you experiences with the pistol?

Thanks

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on a a Romeo zero... looks super easy to install

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to put a P365 XL and a Romeo Zero together for months now.

I've had the Romeo Zero on order from Optics Planet (I know, I know) since January. Since the sight is harder to find than the gun, I figured I'd wait until I have that in hand before purchasing the gun. It's four months later and Optics Planet still says the same thing about the Romeo Zero: 7 to 9 weeks to ship.

It's like the movie The Money Pit. How long? Two weeks.

Just wow. These things have supposedly been out for a year or more, right? What in the world is going on that makes them so difficult to find? If I was Sig and designed a new P365 variant that BEGGED for the new optic to be installed on it - I think I might accelerate production.

Don't get me wrong - love Sig. But sometimes you have to wonder what they are thinking.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sort of detailed my frustrating journey here, trying to find a Romeo Zero for my XL. Finally got one, shop put it on, it was perfectly sighted in at 15 yards and I love it.

Only issue is keeping the lens free of smears. Otherwise it is a perfect shooting gun now, at least for me.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grab a gun claim they have the 6 moa in stock as of yesterday, I put my order in with them and canceled optics

https://grabagun.com/sig-sor01...ex-sgt-6moa-blk.html

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the tip. Just did the same thing. Hoping Grab-a-Gun truly has it in stock.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
Thank you for the tip. Just did the same thing. Hoping Grab-a-Gun truly has it in stock.

Got my shipping notification so looks good so far

posted Hide Post
A good friend bought one in that configuration the last week of April. The local shop that he processed the transfer through was shocked to see it. That little optic is worrisome to me, for EDC.

But, I trained him and his wife to use it and they took to it like ducks to water. Actually it’s a tack driver.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, mhughes. Got the Romeo zero optic and went today to buy a P365 XL to mount it on. Installation complete now and I’m quite happy.

Thank you again for the Grabagun tip. Much better than the five months and counting wait for Optics Planet.