SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new P938
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new P938 Login/Join 
posted
picked up a 938 Equinox yesterday. going to the range in the morning. seems pretty well made & finished. Only complaint I have so far is the holster. rarely carry in OWB holster but would be nice to use the factory supplied holster if desired. place the handgun in the holster and could not remove it. backed the tension adj. completely out only with extreme effort could I get it out. piece of junk- any thoughts as to how I can possibly expand it to be more functional. looking at IWB holsters all the way from Bladeteck, to clinger , to milt sparks. any recommendations?

Posts: 271 | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Try to stretch it some, new holsters can be very tight. You can wrap the gun in a plastic shopping bag to get a little extra stretch and help it slip in.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You basically answered your own question. Throw the 25¢ holster that came in the box in the nearest garbage receptacle.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, back to the second question- any recommendations

posted Hide Post
I like my Veddar holsters.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stealthgear

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveR2012:
Ryan Grizzle:- http://rgrizzleleather.com/index.html

Yes.

For Kydex: HolstersForLife.com.
I have two for my P938 from them, and one for LCP. Great stuff.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pfc1966:
picked up a 938 Equinox yesterday. going to the range in the morning. seems pretty well made & finished. Only complaint I have so far is the holster. rarely carry in OWB holster but would be nice to use the factory supplied holster if desired. place the handgun in the holster and could not remove it. backed the tension adj. completely out only with extreme effort could I get it out. piece of junk- any thoughts as to how I can possibly expand it to be more functional. looking at IWB holsters all the way from Bladeteck, to clinger , to milt sparks. any recommendations?

www.pjholster.com

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the input looking at all mentioned. as a side note, ran 50rnds blazer brass through it yesterday. 7 yards all-in a 1 1/2". 6 O'clock hold, group was at bottom of bull but about a inch or so left. thought accuracy was pretty good considering the trigger is pretty heavy. going back out today

posted Hide Post
still looking. Has anyone tried "We The People" holsters?

posted Hide Post
I have several A holster kydex IWB. Very small footprint, hugs your waist.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

BladeTech makes their kydex classic OWB holster for the 938.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pfc1966:
OK, back to the second question- any recommendations

For an IWB leather-lined kydex holster take a look at Garrett Industries "Silent Thunder." Its first class ($85):

https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst2000.htm

There are lots of YouTube reviews on it as well.

Posts: 63 | Location: Fort Myers, Florida  | Registered: January 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
For me the beauty of the P938 is how easily it pocket carries.

My P938SAS rides in a Desantis Nemesis. Don’t even have any other holster for it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
For me the beauty of the P938 is how easily it pocket carries.

My P938SAS rides in a Desantis Nemesis. Don’t even have any other holster for it.

+1 on pocket carry.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post