SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ75B SP01c Trigger Job
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ75B SP01c Trigger Job Login/Join 
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted
So I recently purchased the aforementioned pistol and I had Angus Hobdell convert it to SAO. The pistol arrived on Wednesday and I haven't had a chance to run it to the range yet. BUT I did do some dry fire with it and I have to say this...

"the trigger is absolute shit"

Longest reset in the world and soo much creep on initial pull. Obviously not what I was expected from a SAO pistol.

Does anyone have experience with CZ's, if it is possible to clean it up.... Who can do it? How well or am I getting what I get?

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Your title lists two different models. Which one was converted to SAO?

I'm new to the World of CZ, but the Shop You used is highly regarded. NOT Happy? Give them a call and send it back.

Have You looked at Cajun?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
1) Try contacting Angus and explain your issues with the job he already performed.

2) You might try contacting David at Cajun Gun Works for some help.
CGW Link

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Was it just a straight conversion? Or, was there additional trigger work ordered?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
https://czcustom.com/75-b-compact-rail.html

That is the model I purchased and the url lists it as the description I provided. I truly think it is my bad and I only did a straight SAO conversion.

So I do not blame them at all (Angus himself answered a question I posted at midnight and then emailed back and forth for another hour after that - great customer service), my question more pertains to what should the expectations be? Or is the normal feel of a 75B SAO conversion? Obviously this will not work for me and I will need it improved.... so then back to Angus, Cajun or is there a better service?

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Standard factory CZ SAO triggers aren't particularly satisfying, so if that's what was done to yours the result is not surprising. My factory 75B SAO had a horrid action when new, and shooting it didn't appreciably improve things as the round count went up. I was ready to send it to CGW for a workover but at that time Cajun's turnaround was getting pretty extended so the gun became a back burner item. And until this thread I confess that I had sort of forgotten about that crunchy-triggered pistol loitering in the back of one of my safes. Gee, thanks for the reminder... Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of those, the Custom Compact L versions, Angus did them both. They have the DA/SA triggers, but they are perfect. I carried one daily for 3 years or so, the other stayed in the box, just in case.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
https://czcustom.com/75-b-compact-rail.html

That is the model I purchased and the url lists it as the description I provided. I truly think it is my bad and I only did a straight SAO conversion.

So I do not blame them at all (Angus himself answered a question I posted at midnight and then emailed back and forth for another hour after that - great customer service), my question more pertains to what should the expectations be? Or is the normal feel of a 75B SAO conversion? Obviously this will not work for me and I will need it improved.... so then back to Angus, Cajun or is there a better service?

That's what I thought. Stock CZ triggers have never been known to be smooth and crisp. Gonna have to have that trigger job done. Trigger works (CZC vs CGW) are about equal in terms of quality. So, take your pick. My thinking is, since CZC already did the initial conversion, why not let them do the rest of the trigger work.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, with CGW, they will not accept any new work orders, until they are finished with the current ones. So, if you decide to go with them and get lucky that they're taking new work orders, that's great. But, if they're still on the current orders, then you'll have to wait. Btw, CGW customer service is also top notch.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I had Angus do a trigger job on an SP01 Tactical. It is really very nice.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
So to update this thread.

I emailed both Cajun Gun Works and CZCustom's.

Dave @ CGW emailed me back so far no update.

Stuart @ CZC emailed me back saying they can remove the hammer disconnector which will remove the under/over travel from the trigger for $140