Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.5 BRNO PSD Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Anyone familiar w. these? A few of us are thinking about getting some as S. TX sidearms. (Mostly for shooting pigs, when they pop up while working, at longer distances.)

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't know anything about it, but, man, it's one ugly mother.

https://fkbrnous.com/product/p...ulti-caliber-pistol/

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Expensive and very large. Would a 1911 Ruger in 10mm to the trick as well on the hogs?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort of channels the unfortunate H9, if I squint.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've yet to see a bad review on it. Works as designed and the 7.5 offers some impressive ballistics. These come with your choice of a 9mm or 10mm conversion barrel.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Please buy as many as possible. I'm really hoping this cartridge gains a following because it's time for another leap in performance.
I've read that the 30-30 was regarded as high velocity when it was new as well.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the Gene Simmons gun from Runaway? Big Grin That thing looks big but glad to see something different coming from gun companies.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Sort of channels the unfortunate H9, if I squint.

Reminds me of this creature. LOL.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Isn't that the Gene Simmons gun from Runaway? Big Grin That thing looks big but glad to see something different coming from gun companies.

Ha! There's a blast from the past. I could use it to smoke those robot spiders. Those things scared the crap out of me.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note I was enjoying the review I watched on it and it's more than a bit interesting. The newer price is certainly slightly less ridiculous and if you think of it as a multi cal CZ then it's in the ballpark. Not sure it will replace my G20 though if I'm honest.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I have one. Feels great in the hand. Build quality is similar to an HK Mk23. The 7.5 round is very loud. Not a gun to shoot without hearing protection. Recoil similar to a 9mm. Very soft.
The current sights I have on this pistol are good for 25 yards. Any longer distance would be difficult. But you can change them out easily
My gun also came with a 10mm barrel. It will shoot 40 S&W too. I have not shot 10mm out of it yet, due to 10mm availability.
The 7.5 ammo is available, but I order it online.
I’m not aware of a place that sells this ammo except the online store.

https://fkbrnous.com/fk-brno-ammo/

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
So is this basically a souped up 375sig round?

The 357sig being based on the .40s&w case, but this being based off the 10mm instead?

Looking at the ballistics press on it, looks like the 90gr round gets an extra 100fps and 50ft/lbs over the .357sig.

Is that worth investing in a new gun/round/manufacturer?

Honestly asking the questions, I like seeing innovations. I'm just trying to fully understand it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a very well made gun. One side picture alone doesn't do it justice. It's not bad looking at all. The high end version is actually nice looking... but the price makes me wince. The poly version at $14-$1500 gets me interested. And the new cartridge has some serious punch. And you can swap parts around and have a really nice low recoil 10mm or a no recoil 9mm.

We are started to get pigs on our property here in NE Oklahoma. I can see the attraction for this gun for them... for sure!

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's not a necked down 10mm.

And the rated pressures are way up there for any pistol round... big time!

>Contrary to some published information, this cartridge is not based on a necked down 10mm auto case, and hand loaders cannot and should not attempt to make a 7.5 case from a 10mm auto case, as the case is longer, thicker, and operates at significantly higher pressure. Therefore, necking down and stretching the 10mm auto would create much thinner walls at the critical shoulder/neck area and can potentially be very dangerous to the user.

>According to C.I.P rulings, the 7.5 FK case can handle up to 350 MPa (50,763 psi) piezo pressure. In C.I.P regulated countries every pistol cartridge combo has to be proofed at 130% of this maximum C.I.P pressure to certify for sale to consumers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.5_FK

And I don't know where you got those velocity numbers. I love .357 SIG but it can't come anywhere near this. The .357 SIG was created to give us a 125 grain JHP at 1400 fps. A lot of the factory ammo won't even get us there. The 7.5 FK is rated at or just below 2000 fps with a 95 grain all copper monolithic bullet.

That would work on a pig. Quite a smack.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tulsamal:

And the rated pressures are way up there for any pistol round... big time!

>Contrary to some published information, this cartridge is not based on a necked down 10mm auto case, and hand loaders cannot and should not attempt to make a 7.5 case from a 10mm auto case, as the case is longer, thicker, and operates at significantly higher pressure. Therefore, necking down and stretching the 10mm auto would create much thinner walls at the critical shoulder/neck area and can potentially be very dangerous to the user.

>According to C.I.P rulings, the 7.5 FK case can handle up to 350 MPa (50,763 psi) piezo pressure. In C.I.P regulated countries every pistol cartridge combo has to be proofed at 130% of this maximum C.I.P pressure to certify for sale to consumers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.5_FK

And I don't know where you got those velocity numbers. I love .357 SIG but it can't come anywhere near this. The .357 SIG was created to give us a 125 grain JHP at 1400 fps. A lot of the factory ammo won't even get us there. The 7.5 FK is rated at or just below 2000 fps with a 95 grain all copper monolithic bullet.

That's interesting. I suppose that would eliminate a Glock 20 conversion, although there is the 9x25 Dillon.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tulsamal:

Thank you for the info, I was just trying to understand it.
As for my 357sig comparison, I looked at the 90gr offerings to try and make it an apples-to-apples comparison.

Grizzly makes a 90gr 357sig @ 1900fps
https://www.grizzlycartridge.c...ol/357-sig-90gr-jhp/

Underwood has an all copper round at 1700fps
https://www.underwoodammo.com/...xtreme-defender.html

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well, it does Czech a lot of Boxes

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Interesting. The normal pistol rounds don't offer much, but the 7.5 does fill a box that wasn't filled before.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are actually very well made pistols. As for its looks, its a polymer framed pistol. I don't think its looks too bad by those standards and its a lot nicer looking than some of the polymer stuff Sig has produced over the past five years. Not to mention much higher quality.

As for the round, I clocked the 95 grain bullet at a 5-shot average speed of 2119 fps out of my Field Pistol, which is about 950 ft/lbs of energy. Considering the amount of damage and penetration the round puts on target, its extremely impressive. Plus its accurate out to 150 yards or more.

My PSD came with the 9mm conversion barrel, springs, and magazines.

Here it is with its (much) more expensive sibling...

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Anyone familiar w. these? A few of us are thinking about getting some as S. TX sidearms. (Mostly for shooting pigs, when they pop up while working, at longer distances.)

The round is incredible.

The only drawback is the weight. Despite the polymer frame, it weighs over 45oz with an empty magazine.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post