SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 DAK police trade-in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 DAK police trade-in Login/Join 
posted
My AIMS 226 40 cal, select grade, police trade in just arrived. Looks great on the outside but there is extensive frame rail wear on the inside. Disappointed to say the least. I put 100 rounds through it and it shot well but had one light primer strike. I'm going to lube the heck out of it and hope for the best. I'm impressed with the DAK trigger. It shipped with a new magazine.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A few images of the frame wear may generate responses. What some new owners fear is abnormal frame wear is perfectly normal unless the hard coat anodizing has been penetrated. You are wise to keep it lubed with a quality grease in any event.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry too much about rail wear unless there are some deep gouges or some issues with slide movement.

I’d take it apart if you haven’t already and scrub it out. My last trade-in was filthy. A good re-lube and new springs should also be in order.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have photo permission. On the side of the rails there is some goldish wear and silver and then on top there is two large dull silver spots on the top at the rear and and two bright shiny silver spots toward the front. Strange because the outside finish is very good. The crown also has an impact spot but it doesn't affect accuracy. Love the feel of the original grips and the accuracy is there. If the light primer hits continue I'll just order a new main spring. The vintage appears to be late 2008.

DPR

posted Hide Post
There is no way to post photos directly to the forum. They can be posted on a third party photo hosting site and linked.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BTS:
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry too much about rail wear unless there are some deep gouges or some issues with slide movement.

I’d take it apart if you haven’t already and scrub it out. My last trade-in was filthy. A good re-lube and new springs should also be in order.

I ordered another recoil spring. The gun was very clean, in fact I suspect the original owner used a sonic cleaner and never heard of oil. This is my first DAK and I'm impressed with it.

DPR

posted Hide Post
Very Cool! I think those deals on the trade-ins are amazing. Enjoy that gun. Cool

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My friend bought a "fair" condition P226 trade in and he thought the rails had excessive wear, but it turned out it wasn't that bad. The gun's main issue was it was just plain nasty inside. They wiped it off, but that's it. It amazed me it functioned almost 100%. The mags had so much crud in them that the follower got stuck a couple of times. A good cleaning and lube, and it is a great shooter.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like this handgun. The DAK trigger surprised me. I may send the frame to robar to be refinished.

DPR

Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the DAK guns. Having a ton of time shooting double action revolvers, it's no surprise. And to add... It's a great time to be a DAK fan with the number of used ones available now a super-low prices.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post