SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 220/220X6 slide parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 220/220X6 slide parts Login/Join 
posted
Can the firing pin and the firing pin spring Be exchanged between the two. How is the firing pin removed from the X6?

Posts: 37 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Absent any responses, let's see if we can get your discussion started. Your post is not very clear, however, I am guessing that you have a P220 X-Six and either need or want a firing pin and spring but can't find one.

I don't know if those parts are the same as a regular P220. You may have to buy the P220 parts and compare them.

To remove the firing pin and spring from your X-Six, you have to punch out the firing pin positioning pin in the rear of the slide. On somee SIGs, this is a solid pin with a splined head on the left end, so it MUST be driven out from the right side using a 3mm cup tip punch. Sometimes these are very stubborn.

On newer SIGs, the FPPP is a spiral roll pin of constant diameter and is not as difficult. The photo below is of my X-Five, which has a solid FPPP.

Reinstallation can be tricky because you have the have the firing pin positioned correctly to clear the pin as you drive it in.

Maybe this will at least get a discussion started. Standby.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guessed right. May need one, but don't know yet. I have the solid pin and the cupped punches. I don't want to wait until I have a failure to try to locate parts. Thanks. Additional info on parts availability still needed.

Posts: 37 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xb40:
You guessed right. May need one, but don't know yet. I have the solid pin and the cupped punches. I don't want to wait until I have a failure to try to locate parts. Thanks. Additional info on parts availability still needed.
Not sure who else can tell you definitively, but SIG CS should be able to tell you whether the firing pin and springs are compatible.
I know, thanks Captain Obvious. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked with sig, the firing pin and spring look the same and should interchange with the standard 220. Take down lever, and little else will interchange. No word on the status of Mastershop guns produced in the US, or if parts for older guns will be available.