SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 XL - with or without manual safety? and impact of Gemany Sig closing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 XL - with or without manual safety? and impact of Gemany Sig closing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a 365 w/ manual safety. It was the last one at the dealer I bought it from and I actually wanted one with the safety. The safety is perfect in size and easy to operate but not that easy to turn off/on accidentally. I can appreciate a light smooth trigger but some triggers can be too light, in my opinion. Get what makes you comfortable but make sure you practice with what you have.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a career in LE.... Check Smith and Wessons sales of there M&P pistols to LE's. Few, very few ordered pistols with a manual safety. First you, someone or something hss to pull the trigger to make the pistol fire.
But, from personal experiences...I don't care how much you pratice disengaging a manual safety...
SD situations are close and likely be within two seconds..if you're lucky and ALL YOU ARE GOING
TO DO IS POINT AND PULL THE TRIGGER.
I've been there.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Something to keep in mind with holstering is there is enough room in the P365 trigger guard to stick your finger behind the trigger during holstering to make sure if something is snagging on the trigger, you'll feel it in your trigger finger so you can yank the gun out, clear your holster, and then try again. A lot of striker fired guns have triggers that are too far back to do that.

YMMV

I know I'm going to get roasted for this, but here goes.

I do this with my P320 in one situation only. If I'm re-holstering while sitting in my car. I can't visibly see the gun into my IWB holster, and I don't want to inadvertently get a shirt tail in the there. I do it very slowly and methodically.

Point the gun straight through the dash at the engine block.
Slowly slip my finger behind the trigger.
Push FORWARD with my finger to make sure I'm feeling the back of the trigger and not the trigger guard.
SLOWLY place my gun in the holster. When I feel the holster contact my finger, slip my finger out and then then SLOWLY finish placing the gun in the holster.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thirty years ago I'd have thought a automatic pistol without a manual safety was a death wish. Over the years I've done a 360 and now prefer no manual safety. I too worry about forgetting or missing a safety lever when I'm in an extreme panic situation.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 365 and I installed a manual safety kit in it. Since I carried a 1911 for many years, the safety release is second nature to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My XL is one of my only guns with a manual safety. It is within reach while in bed in a drawer so I didn't want to reach in an grab it improperly. It's very easy to disengage and bring up to a point in one motion with a little practice.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post