SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a RAMI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a RAMI Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted
CZ 2075 RAMI.

Tried to get a Sig 938, but between the $1100 they get for a $600 pistol here in California and the scarcity for us civilians - it's not on the approved list - I threw in the towel.

The RAMI is legal to buy here - if you can find one.

This is the 9mm manual safety version. The 9mm decocker version is not on the list, so no joy.

.40 version is also OK for civilians here, but again, try finding one.

I believe the 9mm is more than desirable for this little pistol. 10 round mag (14 round in free States) and one in the pipe makes for plenty. .40 gives you less rounds and not sure if the recoil might be counter intuative, but I suspect so.

Fantastic reliability record, accurate too.

I think it's a good choice and side by side if I could select either, I'd select this over the 938.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
They are a neat carry gun. If it's Your first CZ beware, they tend to reproduce. And quickly.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
You did not “settle” by any means. Rami’s are sweet pistols. Here’s a couple of recent threads with pics.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...180076234#7180076234

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...550060334#4550060334

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine gun. 10 rounds of 9mm in a small, easy to conceal package. What's not to like Smile?

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Just went down the rabbit hole on those links. Ended up buying the grip extensions for two magazines, will convert them as shown in a video included within the links.

Easy to do with sandpaper, shave off the top, bevel the end - done. Midway had them for $8 ea.

Bought a Black Hills BP thumb break holster, should be good to go.

Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
You will really enjoy the RAMI - I have the BD version in 9.

My wife is hounding me to get another for her....these things are not easy to find.

Mine need DA trigger work - it's pretty stiff pull.

Cajun Gun Works makes all kinds of parts, accessories for CZ's.

Enjoy!

JoeSig

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Picked it up today. Sure is nice!

Heavy little thing, but weight is your friend for the intended purpose.

Waiting for the magazine grip extenders, they are going to make the grip much nicer for my hands.

Be interesting to see how this rides in the holster. Currently carrying a 3" 13-3 RB - FBI gun. It conceals well and no bother on weight.

Got the test target with it. Smile

Also, I saw the paperwork from the guy that sold it to me. He didn't have it two weeks before he sold it to me - unfired.

posted Hide Post
Congrats. I have a RAMI BD (why not legal in CA?). Great ergonomics, with the grip extenders, which I paid a nominal fee to have done for me. Of course, the 14-round extenders are sweet as well. Dead nuts reliable and I shoot it very well. But...just too "fat" for me to carry as a double-stack. I use a Springfield EMP these days.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
BD not legal in California because...

gun control through the back door.

Can't legally infringe? Well, let's restrict under the mandate of "safety".

Make a list, make the manufacturers pay through the nose yearly to test and retest the same handgun. Don't pay and supply samples - off the list. Change the finish or the sights - new costly tests or off the list. Change anything, barrel length, grips, anything at all - new costly tests.

As to not currently produced firearms - no test = not on the list. All the pre lock S&W revolvers are unapproved for sale in California - unless they are already here or brought in by someone moving here. Whole set of rules for transfer there too.

Let's talk about ammo. There's a whole thread about California's ban on ammo sales through mail order as of Jan. 1, 2018 and after Jan. 1, 2019 you will need an NCIS background check and go on a list when you buy ammo.

Can't outlaw guns - go for the ammo and make it hard to buy them with specious safety concerns.

Also, California mandates imprinting of the bullet & case - microstamping. This is technology that does not exist, nor will it, so in a year or two - no new handguns in California that don't meet this bullshit standard.

So, there's that...

posted Hide Post
The Rami is a wonderful choice congrats! I fell in love with that gun when I first fondled one years ago but I knew at the time that I would not carry any gun heavier than 20oz because I have arthritis issues and carrying a heavier gun exacerbates that problem. So that kind of precluded my owning the RAMI. But, it's a great firearm and you should have it for many years.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
There is one for sale on 1911Addicts.com for anyone interested.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Have both a RAMI BD and a P938. Shoot the RAMI better. Carry the P938 most of the time. The RAMI is winter carry in a pocket holster in the pocket of a heavy outer coat. I can carry the P938 easily in cargo pants, or IWB in a Ryan Grizzle holster.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've picked up a couple CZ's lately but they've been metal frames ... a nos 75 TC and a 75B SA, both a lot more gun for the money than I was expecting

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post