SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the veterans, Glock’s salute to veterans did come back this year on Memorial Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the veterans, Glock’s salute to veterans did come back this year on Memorial Day Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
I think last year or the year before were the first years of the program. Basically between Memorial Day and veteran’s day any honorably discharged veteran can purchase a blue label gun from an official blue label gun dealer

Last year I got a 43X as part of this. As soon as my dealer gets a blue label 45 MOS in this year I will buy it

If Glock is going to honor veterans this way I told my wife the least I could do is buy a gun from them Smile

More details in the link. And to those eligible, thank you for your service

https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Thank you posting this. I had no idea Blue label was still available after you separate.
That's very cool of Glock.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
If Glock is going to honor veterans this way I told my wife the least I could do is buy a gun from them Smile

Hey — I like how you think! I may use that... Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck finding new Blue Label Glocks in stock.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

GT Distributers has them .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

GT Distributers has them .

After shopping my LGS and being told no BL G43x are available, last Friday I drove up to the Rossville, GA GT Dist with my DD214 and came home with one. Called first to make sure they were in stocK.

Thanks to Glock for their generous program to honor all veterans.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
After shopping my LGS and being told no BL G43x are available, last Friday I drove up to the Rossville, GA GT Dist with my DD214 and came home with one. Called first to make sure they were in stocK.

Thanks to Glock for their generous program to honor all veterans.

At the link, it says:
quote:
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
(Military picture ID front & back)
DD214/discharge papers do not qualify – If you cannot submit your ID please use our dealer locator to find a dealer in your area

But you're saying they honored a DD214? What am I missing here? Are you retired and have an ID as well? I don't have one because I didn't retire, all I have is a DD214...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Read the fine print in Kevbo’s post, copied here for convenience.

“During the Salute to Veterans Discount Program the existing blue label qualifications are extended to any honorably discharged veteran. You are eligible to purchase one Blue Label pistol through our LE Distributors or Sub-D Dealers from Memorial Day to Veterans Day. A copy of your DD 214 and valid driver’s license can be used as credentials at a local blue label supplier found using the dealer locator (https://us.clock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa) and your zip code.”

Your honorable discharge DD214 and a drivers license will qualify you for the program.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read the fine print in Kevbo’s post, copied here for convenience.
Saw that, I was just curious because there's conflicting information on that page.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that normally they want creds but during the salute they'll accept a DD-214

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this...
gonna dust off my DD214 and head to my local blue label dealer..... if and when they get any Glock pistols in stock!
Though, they normally have options in 45ACP caliber...

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As retired Air Guard I've bought several Glocks from Kieslers after sending them my retired ID.

First Responders, Military & FFL Sales Only
Kiesler's does not sell to or deal with the civilian market or individuals. Kiesler's only deals with, issues quotes to, and sells to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, individual officers, reserve officers, affiliated government agencies, US military, individual military personnel, retired military with retired id, retired law enforcement, DHS/TSA employees, licensed security officers, affiliated training facilities, FFL dealers, firefighters, EMS, corrections, prosecutors, and district attorneys. Due to restrictions, Kiesler's does not quote or sell weapons, high capacity magazines, or ammunition to California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, New York City, or NY state.

https://www.kiesler.com/

I did not see anything about their accepting a DD-214 for vets who did not serve a full 20.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post