SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone here regularly carry a USP 40?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here regularly carry a USP 40? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Anyone here regularly carry (either concealed or as a duty gun) a H&K USP 40?

I'm considering picking up a used one and sending it to H&K to have the Hybrid Match LEM trigger installed and other parts updated.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I use one for home defense and carry it regularly.
Mine is a full size .40 variant 1.
It handles the .40 round perfectly, it's accurate, and it's stone cold reliable.
I've had some say it's not up to the level of some of the striker guns but I don't worry about that.
I like my USP!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't carry one.

I bought a used one from the link below and it shows significant holster wear, has a 1994 date code but has functioned flawlessly.

Used USP .40 S&W $385

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
I routinely carry a USPc .40. Mine is V1 with no modifications. Over years trigger has softened to where I have learned to shoot it well. I am considering sending it to Robert Burke for some tuning. Like what has been said, accurate, soft-shooting and 100% reliable. The compact can do everything the full size can do and can conceal better. I believe you can use the 13rnd P30 mag for reloads with no issue. Only way I would say get the full size is if you plan on using the 16rnd mags with the jet funnel.

Toms River PD (NJ) use to carry USP .40s for years with zero issues. Edison PD in my area currently issues the USPc .40 to all officers.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old duty gun is a usp v1 40 from 1995. Well over 50k down the pipe. I carry it 1 to 2 times a week.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a USP .40 V1 for a while as a duty weapon.
Excellent. But a little bulky for concealed carry, at least for me, anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Bought mine used back in the day when the HKUSP40F was the only modern H&K .40 game in town, and the .40 S&W cartridge was the shizz.

It rides in Safariland (2611?) leather. It even came with the H&K Quik-Comp.

At $650, it was kind of expensive, but that's what they went for back in the day.

It's awesome, but it doesn't get carried anymore, as there are better choices today than the legacy HK 'Brick' gun.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do on a regular basis. I love USP's for carry. I have V3 and use a bladetech IWB. In terms of reliability it really doesn't get much better than a USP.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Bought mine used back in the day when the HKUSP40F was the only modern H&K .40 game in town, and the .40 S&W cartridge was the shizz.

It rides in Safariland (2611?) leather. It even came with the H&K Quik-Comp.

At $650, it was kind of expensive, but that's what they went for back in the day.

It's awesome, but it doesn't get carried anymore, as there are better choices today than the legacy HK 'Brick' gun.

H&K-Guy

Sounds like my purchase of my HK 40. At the time HK wasn't installing night sights on them, so I found a set and installed them myself.

Great shooting gun, and definitely one tough critter. I sold mine, I was trying to utilize it in a concealed carry mode, and it just simply was too large and blocky. Had I understood better, would have bought a field holster for it, and carried it on my hikes.

The polymer HK used/uses on the frame is simply very high quality.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I used to have a .40, and carried a .45 as a duty gun for several years.

I never once worried about either of them not doing the job. That .45 was a beast.

I regret selling the .40. It went when the second kid came about.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I've got a uspc .40 Lem and also have the .357 barrel. I think I shot it 50 times. Didn't care for it.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I used to have one in my rotation, moved on to a SIG Pro in 357SIG. I hated the trigger but I shot the gun very well. I eventually scratched the USP itch with a USP 45.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Bought the USP40 back in the day when it & the .40 were state of the art. I've got a bunch of choices for a bedside gun but the USP has been on that table since 1994. Rugged, heavy, perhaps a tad ugly but it's never failed me.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As i said above, i have my old duty gun. I love it so much that i bought a usp 45, old nj trooper gun. I lime that pair so much i bought a usp tactical in 9mm for my night stand gun. I promptly put a jet funnel on it and a light laser combo. I liked that so much i have been hunting fora used 9mm usp v1 for 2 years.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USP 40c was my regular carry gun and sometimes supplemented by the USP 45c. They have since been replaced by the Sig 320c in 40. Ergos were similar but the trigger on the 320 sold me on it.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post