SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 G20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 G20 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any credible information about whether we will see one??

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Historically, Glock seems to have slowly brought all their pistols up to the latest Generation, starting with models most commonly used by LE and then spreading it to their broader line.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5s went back to the single pin. Wouldn’t last very long in 10mm. I suppose they could always make the hole for the second pin.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
They would have to work around the ambi slide stop in order to gain that third pin back. Or perhaps make the slide insanely massive, similar to what Glock did with the Gen5 G22 that they proposed for São Paulo police trials. Which BTW apparently didn't get very far since the department specified MIL-STD-1913 rails and Glock being Glock submitted their usual non-conforming Glock-spec rail on the trial guns. Kinda like what they did for 'modular' with their MHS submittal.

Yeah, that thing about Glock being Glock...I wouldn't really count on a full Gen5 G20 anytime soon, but I could see Glock showing a willingness to choose certain Gen5 features (like finger groove delete) to existing Gen4 and make a Gen4X(YZ) or Gen4.5 or some other dopey named variant. Considering the variance of factory core 9mm models these days, Glock has to be well aware that variety sells, and does it quite well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
[...] perhaps make the slide insanely massive, [...]

So, no different from a modern G20, then?

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they just gave it a G5 grip it would work for me. The rest of the stuff i can take or leave.I do like the more durable finish on the G5, but i can always take care of that with a quick cerakote

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
If they just gave it a G5 grip it would work for me. The rest of the stuff i can take or leave.I do like the more durable finish on the G5, but i can always take care of that with a quick cerakote

A gen4 with no finger grooves would be awesome, I’d buy one even though I have 2 gen4 g20s and a gen3 already.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 Glock 20s? Damn.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
[...] perhaps make the slide insanely massive, [...]

So, no different from a modern G20, then?

That all depends upon your own definition of 'insanely massive'. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
3 Glock 20s? Damn.

Yeah, I had them gen3 for several years and got a gen4 about 3 years ago. Then randomly I ended up with another gen4 in a trade just a little while back.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post