SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
The only thing I carry anymore is a SW 442 in my front pocket. I've tried carrying a G19, G27, Sig239 etc on a belt holster, and I've come to the conclusion that pocket carry is the only method that works for me.

However, I am looking to upgrade to a Kimber K6S.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On occasion; Colt Detective Special in an ankle holster.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still carry my 2” S&W model 15 and when I go out in the woods a 4” model 19.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
Occasionally my SP101 in a Mika pocket holster or a SmartCarry.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that Fall is here i carry one of my 2 60-7's. All steel is a little heavy for the pocket although I do it occasionally. I usually just go inside the waistband in an uncle Mike's with the thumb strap and an untucked shirt over it. 5 rounds that I know will go hang every time is enough to get me out of the room.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I recently acquired a GP-100 10mm with a 3.5" bbl. I really enjoy carrying that, OWB, in a Garrett open top leather lined kydex. I generally carry that now around our small town. When I go to the valley (Phoenix), I always opt for my SIG P220-10mm. It is carried in an Andrews Leather OWB with a thumb break. OWB is the only way I've ever carried any gun. Easy draw, easy to conceal, if I need to, with an open overshirt.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket and ankle quite a bit. If I don't have my P938 with me I am carry a SW 649-3 in 357 magnum or a 638 .38 special or a 640-1 magna ported in 357 magnum. I have several early Model 49s, Pre model 38s and Pre model 42s and pre model 40s but in general I carry the SS versions.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Every so often, I'll carry my S&W PC Model 19. Solid shooter for sure.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Not since I got my LCP Custom.

quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I have heard and read that the Ruger LCR pistols are nice, with their trigger's being somewhat better that the S&W snubbies.

Is there actually a modern production firearm with a worse trigger than current J frames?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since 2004, I frequently carry a S&W 342 PD with Speer +P Gold Dot 135 grain HP ammunition. This supplanted a Model 37 that I bought new in 1966. Over the last 55 years I've carried many different revolvers, perhaps the most unusual being a Model 625-11 (scandium frame, stainless cylinder, 2 inch barrel, .45 Colt). Semi-autos that I still carry include a SIG P938, SIG P232, and Les Baer .45 Monolith Stinger. I guess I'm an eclectic kind of concealed carry guy.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. I am functionally ambidextrous with long-stroke DA triggers, which is convenient when my right hand/arm/shoulder might be having a bad day. I may end-up carrying lefty “primary.”

My first handgun was a 1911, and I still own and sometimes carry 1911 pistols, but the first handguns I could legally carry were the then-mandated DA revolvers that I had to use for my first year of sworn service as a police officer, starting in 1984. I made it a point to really learn DA sixgunning, with both hands, and actually chose to carry on my right hip, even though left-handed. (I am right-armed, so the right-hand draw felt natural enough, and there were several practical and tactical advantages to carrying right-side.)

The oldest revolver that I regularly carry/use is a 4” stainless, full-lug, adjustable-sight GP100 I bought new, about 1990. This one was my primary duty handgun, 1993-1995. (I switched to lighter-weight K-frames in 1995.) I shoot 4” to 6” adjustable-sight medium-large revolvers more-consistently better than any other handgun, and the original-pattern GP100 grip is the best grip in the world, for my hands.

I added more GP100 revolvers, plus Ruger SP101, Speed Six, and Security Six revolvers, any of which could be my carry gun, for the day, depending upon environment and circumstances.

I recently added a long-time grail-quest gun, a particularly nice 2” S&W Model 64-2. I will probably carry this one often, after I have verified function and POA/POI.

I have Airweight and Airlite J-snubs, that see occasional carry.

I do not hate autos. Some autos are not very good for my aging hands. Full-sized, all-steel 1911 pistols, and full-length-grip-frame G17 and G19x Glocks, are reasonably kind to my hands, and I still carry and use them, when it suits me. Setting aside my medium/compact autos has increased the percentage of time I carry revolvers.

I do not have a “carry rotation.” Some carry weapons, and their holsters, work better with specific belts, trousers, and cover garments. Being on a road trip through a rural area will present different threats than driving through Houston metro/Harris County. Walking my German Shepherd is a different equation than walking through a W.-Mart/mall parking lot.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Occasionally I will strap on my Taurus Ti framed snubby(ported) in 45LC. A pleasure to carry, and no worries about performance!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
The gun I carry the most is an LCR in 327 Federal. It fits nicely in my pocket and it works well for me.

I recently bought a 365 but I haven't broke it in yet for carry.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
642 PRO or the Model 60

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/1593/24190474125_c6c9a15e68.jpg"> IMG_0258 by jwzzx, on Flickr[/IMG]

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Not since I got my LCP Custom.

quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I have heard and read that the Ruger LCR pistols are nice, with their trigger's being somewhat better that the S&W snubbies.

Is there actually a modern production firearm with a worse trigger than current J frames?

the .22LR SP101 comes to mind

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Raises hand.

S&W 442 no infernal lock. And speed strip in a speed strip pouch.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a 640 most of the time but also a G43 occasionally. When I want to dress it up a bit, I'll carry my Colt Detective Special.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Mod. 642-1 - shipped Nov. 1999

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I flip flop between a G19 and a J frame 38 depending on clothing.

When I was a cop I ankle carried the revolver as a backup.

38:Speer gold dot 125 grain
9mm: Speer gold dot 115 grains( got a few boxes before I retired)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not my optimal defense weapon but I carry my Ruger LCR all the time and sometimes I ALSO carry my HK USP C45 at the same time when I can proper cover it.
Summer carry and light clothes don't make the HK always practical.
Will always at least have the HK nearby in the car or in briefcase though.
LCR is my final answer.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post