SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a S&W 941 when I need to.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a late-comer to appreciating revolvers, but fell in up to my ears when I did.
I will carry a Python, S&W 586 or other L-frame, and a 29-10 .44 Magnum with self-defense .44-Special ammo.

If I want light weight I choose a Colt Police Positive or Detective Special.

Modern 357-Magnum Self-defense ammo is quite controllable in the revolvers, and the Colt .38's are rated for +p.

Posts: 152 | Location: Waukesha Co, WI. & St. Paul MN | Registered: March 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I carry a 3" Ruger LCR when hiking or walking the dogs. for quick trips to the mailbox, I usually carry my 1.8" Ruger LCR with the first 2 chambers loaded with snake shot.

When I'm really feeling nostalgic, I carry my Colt Detective Special.
10-7 1963 Det Spcl Full by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Everyone should own at least one Centennial Smith & Wesson.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one?

I still frequently carry my SW 340 PD with Crimson Trace laser. With its sloped covered hammer area it is the fastest error free pocket carry draw. Plus it is lighter than virtually all other small guns.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
.357 mag SP101 w/ crimson trace grips

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In warm weather, I regularly slip an Airweight S&W model 38 in my front right shorts pocket.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I pocket carry a 360J that I bobbed that hammer on.

Same here. Bobbed hammer and XS tritium front sight. PGS Hideout grips.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

Of course I don't get myself in situations that require me to shoot more than 5 bad guys. I'm amused at guys who carry 15 round magazines and 2 extras, just in case. Bet they never need their gun, either.

I'm amused that you think you won't miss a moving target that is also shooting back and that 1 .38 bullet will stop stop someone guaranteed when there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cases where bad guys have soaked up 10, 15 or more bullets and kept fighting. Not to mention after you've shot someone, you might want a few bullets if their friends amd family decide to shoot you before the police get there. Not picking on you, just something to consider.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a 340PD or 642 pretty regularly. Easy to conceal and light weight.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:

Of course I don't get myself in situations that require me to shoot more than 5 bad guys. I'm amused at guys who carry 15 round magazines and 2 extras, just in case. Bet they never need their gun, either.

I'm amused that you think you won't miss a moving target that is also shooting back and that 1 .38 bullet will stop stop someone guaranteed when there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cases where bad guys have soaked up 10, 15 or more bullets and kept fighting. Not to mention after you've shot someone, you might want a few bullets if their friends amd family decide to shoot you before the police get there. Not picking on you, just something to consider.

Worst sound in any gunfight...

"click"

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I tend to alternate my back-up guns. And sometimes, when I like a bit more than 9mm, I might be sportin' a Smith 442, or an older (70's vintage) Model 49. And sometimes both.

Lately though, I've been playing with a Smith 317 in .22LR with a Crimson Teace Laser Grip and CCI Mini-Mags in its 8 round cylinder. It's a fun toy, but I'm just not confident in .22LR for defensive use.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just have to say...there is something about revolvers...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a S&W 442 custom shop in an IWB kydex on occasion. Generally when I want really deep cover without pocket carrying an LCP.

I have a DC permit, so I already can't carry more than one reload magazine when in the District. It's a good option for a place where open carry is illegal and I really don't want accidental exposure.

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly I carry a 340sc Airlite .357 in the right front pocket. I put a smooth ebony wood boot grip on it. I also have a 442 .38spl with a nice smooth rosewood boot grip. Being an old school Italian a .38 snub should be standard equipment right? Also it doesn't spray brass all over the sidewalk either Roll Eyes

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Please tell me that you don't carry full house .357 ammo in that Airlite!

quote:
Originally posted by dinooch:
Mostly I carry a 340sc Airlite .357 in the right front pocket. I put a smooth ebony wood boot grip on it. I also have a 442 .38spl with a nice smooth rosewood boot grip. Being an old school Italian a .38 snub should be standard equipment right? Also it doesn't spray brass all over the sidewalk either Roll Eyes

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summertime carry is often a S&W 637 with CT grips.
I like Hornaday +P Critical Defense for the load.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So I tried a Colt Cobra today at a local gun store. Timing was all out of whack. When you cocked the hammer the cylinder would move freely about 1/8-1/4 inch either way. I’m assuming that can’t be good... I guess its back to Smith or Ruger...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post