SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who still carries (CCW) a revolver? If so, which one? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P340 is my 'always' gun, but is often the BUG to a G43/19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
S&W 442 never leave home without it.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while, I do “go full old school”...

Smith and Wesson M 28
Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I carry my 642 pretty much every day during the summer.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I frequently pocket-carry a S&W 642 in a JW O’Rourke pocket holster, sometimes as a BUG and sometimes as a solo. Reloads are typically via 8-round Tuff Products Quick-strips downloaded to 5 rounds each - the spacing of the rounds makes them easier for me to handle. I carry a standard-pressure JHP in this gun.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I frequently pocket-carry a S&W 642 in a JW O’Rourke pocket holster, sometimes as a BUG and sometimes as a solo. Reloads are typically via 8-round Tuff Products Quick-strips downloaded to 5 rounds each - the spacing of the rounds makes them easier for me to handle. I carry a standard-pressure JHP in this gun.

I have the same gun. (Just a little older and a bit rough around the edges - I bought it used from a guy at work...). I really prefer the all-steel version in .38, but this will do.

Down the line I want to get a Kimber K6S or a Colt Cobra...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Started out with a SP101. Now pocket carry LCR in .357. Wife keeps one in her purse.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My BUG is a Ruger LCR .22WMR. I have two of them and if I have to move around my condo, I put one in each of my sports jacket pockets. With this arrangement, my hand is already on the gun. I know it is only a 22 WMR but I have good self defense ammo make for a short barrel revolver.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My choice is a S&W M13 3"

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
K6S

Steel J-frames are great, except when it comes to pocket carry.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a j-frame. I purchased it before the Ruger and Kimbers came up. I have never seen or fired a Kimber. If I was in the market today I'd want to look at the Rugers. My friend's Ruger had a really nice trigger out of the box and shot very well.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
For you guys that pocket carry a j-frame, do you find that it takes more effort and/or time to draw the gun vs drawing from a belt mounted holster? Just curious.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
For you guys that pocket carry a j-frame, do you find that it takes more effort and/or time to draw the gun vs drawing from a belt mounted holster? Just curious.

For me - yes. The trade-off is that pocket carry is all that works for me in certain settings.

If I have a gun on the belt (which I prefer whenever possible), it will be something no smaller than a Glock 26 and, most often, it will be a full-size 1911. Still, the J-frame will be in its pocket holster for either.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not at all, and I'm more likely to have my hand close to my pocket or in it, anyway.

Draw is unimpeded by the pocket on the pants I wear, and there's no noticeable signature of the pistol. I carry mine in a DeSantis Nemisis synthetic fabric holster.

My shirt is usually tucked. Pocket carry makes a lot more sense. I've done the tucked-over an inside-the-waistband thing in the past, having to tweak up the shirt out of the tucked position to draw, and I've ended up grabbing fabric with the pistol. I don't have that issue at all from the pocket. Whether it's a 642 or a small auto like a G43 or P365, pocket carry works great with everything except suit pants, where the way the fabric hangs and the pocket shape doesn't work as well for me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Daily carry it's usually one of these two. I like the six rounds of the kimber, but the night sights on the 640 pro have it getting the nod when its dark.
If I'm going into the city I at least go with my 365 if not something bigger.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, It depends on the pants. I have some loose fit pants / shorts with bigger pockets that make it very easy to deploy a J frame.
quote:

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Carried a 642 as a second gun for about 14 years and carried often as my primary off duty. Left front pocket. Yes, even when it was my primary. That's where I carried it on duty, so that's where I was used to it being off duty. Plus the pocket holster had pretty much molded itself to my left leg and wouldn't fit in the other pocket.

When we approved autos as BUGs a few years back my 642 was retired, and needed to be. That gun had consumed an insane number of rounds over the years, all of them +p.

I still occasionally carry a 37 in my pocket when I just need to leave the house for a few minutes (and for nostalgia to be perfectly honest). The all steel gun weighs more, but it sure is more pleasant to shoot.

Once in a blue moon I get the mood to carry my Model 28. Yes, you can conceal a 4 inch N frame under a loose shirt in a well made holster. I've got a pancake holster from Ryan Grizzle that makes that chunk of iron perfectly tolerable.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
Daily carry it's usually one of these two. I like the six rounds of the kimber, but the night sights on the 640 pro have it getting the nod when its dark.
If I'm going into the city I at least go with my 365 if not something bigger.

What grips are on your Kimber?
I sold my 640Pro soon after buying the Kimber. My only two snubbies are the K6s and a 340PD. The 340 is an outstanding pocket carry gun.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
What grips are on your Kimber?
I sold my 640Pro soon after buying the Kimber. My only two snubbies are the K6s and a 340PD. The 340 is an outstanding pocket carry gun.[/QUOTE]

I’ve thought about selling the 640 pro but just can’t bring myself to do it.
The grips on the kimber are hogue g10 piranha.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I carry a 642, shown below, or, if I want the 357 power, a model 640 or model 60. The 642 is the most comfortable in the pocket. The 640 or 60 I carry IWB in a either a Side Guard or Winthrop holster.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post