SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Turkish industrial design...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish industrial design... Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
I was about to put the factory case for my Canik TP9SF into "deep" storage and decided to give its innards the once over. Nothing remarkable until I got to the paddle holster. Um...who was the bright boy who thunk this thing up?

Bonus points to the person who can tell the world WTF they were thinking when they designed this POS device.

100 rounds through the gun for the first time today. VERY sweet trigger. No mush, virtually no creep. As good if not arguably better than a PPQ's. And like the P-10C, its internal design and layout is directly influenced by the design of Glocks. So far I'm impressed by the gun, but not with the holster.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Is there actually something to screw that thing to?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Round piece on the holster looks like it's supposed to be mounted on a camera tripod...

Retention strap appears to be double duty. Put thumb under strap and drop magazine as a bonus.

It's entirely possible that it was designed at the Ankara Islamic School of Industrial Design. Allahu Akbar. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the other side look like?

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask and you shall receive:

As for the screw hole: it's for a paddle that yes, Canik did provide. I left it off so you could see the left side of the holster in its full ignominious glory.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like part of a Fobus type roto-holster. The paddle part is missing. It give the capability of adjusting the cant.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Pull-snap retention, no retention screw. I guess Turkey's finally made it into the 1950s. So where's the basket-weave texturing?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Turkey has a very real problem with weapons retention? On a budget?

The holster looks like the same design as wearing a belt and suspenders to keep your pants up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This right-handed paddle holster has a bunch of issues going on. But there's at least one more there that for anyone whose ever used or handled a BlackHawk SERPA or any early active retention Fobus should pick up on.

The retention release lever is located for a left-handed holster. With the paddle in place you would need an extremely FLAT thumb about 4" or so long to be able to sneak it between your pants and the holster body to get on the lever to release the gun...assuming that the retention lever actually worked. Without the possibility of tension adjustment thru the nonexistent retention screw, it actually doesn't hold onto the gun's trigger guard very well.

Well at least it's placed so that you don't have to worry about some noob setting off the gun with an over excited trigger finger...

EDIT: oops, I forgot to include the final pic:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Canik TP9SF

Remarkable but it looks like you're not alone.

http://canikdiscussions.com/th...century-arms-holster

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, damn. I had been on the fence about buying a Canik, but it looks like I have to jump.
The holster will go into the trash can.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually took the plunge and bought the TP9 DA in Burnt Bronze, Damn thing is a laser!!! Got boring replacing the 2" hi viz orange dots at 7 yards, because it kept shooting em out very 18 round mag. The real beauty of it ? It fits a leather holster made for a P228 or GLock 17!

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post