SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any truth to this ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any truth to this ? Login/Join 
posted
Hi Guys,
I am considering getting a P320-x-five. From what I've been reading, the guns usually gets very favorable reports. However today I ran accross a post...maybe on facebook or someplace, where a guy was getting alot of fail to fire, eject problems,etc with using Freedom Munitions ammo. I usually use Freedom ammo with all my other pistols (S&W and Springfield) with absolutely no problems. The article goes on to say that the guy contacted Sig and they said their guns are designed to run the best with only Sig ammo. That sounds kinda BS to me, as there are alot of people running Sigs, but I seriously doubt that they all are using only Sig ammo. So, I guess I am asking so any of you have probems with Freedom ammo in your Sigs (especially the P320 x-fives)

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9tango:
Hi Guys,
I am considering getting a P320-x-five. From what I've been reading, the guns usually gets very favorable reports. However today I ran accross a post...maybe on facebook or someplace, where a guy was getting alot of fail to fire, eject problems,etc with using Freedom Munitions ammo. I usually use Freedom ammo with all my other pistols (S&W and Springfield) with absolutely no problems. The article goes on to say that the guy contacted Sig and they said their guns are designed to run the best with only Sig ammo. That sounds kinda BS to me, as there are alot of people running Sigs, but I seriously doubt that they all are using only Sig ammo. So, I guess I am asking so any of you have probems with Freedom ammo in your Sigs (especially the P320 x-fives)

One post on the internet by some guy "maybe on facebook or some place". Roll Eyes Ok.
You already know that YOU have not had any problems with Freedom Munitions in your guns, SIGs included. So, what's the worry?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did we shoot befor Sig started making ammo? This is total B.S. The worst part is why the hell is a plastic XFive being made!

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
With such a significant sample size as you have there, I've decided that the one dude on some interwebz site has scared me off. No 320's for me in the future, ever.

In all seriousness they have a very strong following and for the most part are reliable save for a few problems people have had with ones made at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon before a three day weekend. Plus the whole thing about if you drop it, it may go bang, which can be annoying if you are the clumsy type.

Not my cup of tea, but I would buy one if I was into plastic strikers. I would run whatever ammo I wanted in it and if it didn't work I would make SIG make it work.

Welcome to the forum, let's see some pictures and a range report if you end up getting it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
What did we shoot befor Sig started making ammo? This is total B.S. The worst part is why the hell is a plastic XFive being made!

Of course they make a P320 X-5.

It's 2017. Knock it off with the "plastic" bellyaching. Polymer handguns have now been around for almost 50 years.

You don't have to buy one, or like them, but for pete's sake the rest of us are getting tired of hearing about it.

As far as Sigs, X-5 or otherwise, only working with Sig ammunition, this is nonsense.

When I here something that goes "some random guy made a single post about <gun problem> on <social media site>, I will assume either human error, shenanigans, or both. Until more information is available.

I don't know "Freedom Munitions," is it just el cheapo range ammunition? If it is anything like WWB, then it can have trouble cycling some guns, and sometimes spotty quality.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

At least the plastic X5 works. I have another German X5 at GGI for an extractor upgrade.

I have gone though over 10k of Freedom Munitions ammo and would say it is good stuff. But it has lost the price advantage it had.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Plus the whole thing about if you drop it, it may go bang, which can be annoying if you are the clumsy type.

To my knowledge the X5 never had this issue.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:
Plus the whole thing about if you drop it, it may go bang, which can be annoying if you are the clumsy type.

Outside of the P320 hysteria, how often in a range session, have you or anyone you know, or any post you've read, been witness to a dropped firearm at a range? Even in competition, where a dropped firearm is considerably more likely, such an occurrence is rare.

Now, I don't know but I'd hazard a guess that the P320 X-5 has similar internal workings to the rest of them, but has anyone been gung-ho to spike their X-5?

Regardless, dropping it is a non-issue, the "plastic" is a non-issue, and ammunition sensitivity shouldn't be an issue.

I sense either an ammunition problem, or operator induced problem, or both.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Of course they make a P320 X-5.

It's 2017. Knock it off with the "plastic" bellyaching. Polymer handguns have now been around for almost 50 years.

You don't have to buy one, or like them, but for pete's sake the rest of us are getting tired of hearing about it.

I don't know "Freedom Munitions," is it just el cheapo range ammunition? If it is anything like WWB, then it can have trouble cycling some guns, and sometimes spotty quality.

+1 on the plastic bellyaching!

Freedom Munitions is nothing like WWB from what I have seen. And would be on my list of ammo to purchase.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:

Outside of the P320 hysteria, how often in a range session, have you or anyone you know, or any post you've read, been witness to a dropped firearm at a range? Even in competition, where a dropped firearm is considerably more likely, such an occurrence is rare.

Now, I don't know but I'd hazard a guess that the P320 X-5 has similar internal workings to the rest of them, but has anyone been gung-ho to spike their X-5?

Regardless, dropping it is a non-issue, the "plastic" is a non-issue, and ammunition sensitivity shouldn't be an issue.

I sense either an ammunition problem, or operator induced problem, or both.
Omaha outdoors the people who are the one's who seemed to have started the 320 drop fire. Tested the X5 and couldn't get it to fire like the other models. If I remember correctly they said it had to do with the different trigger.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/...320-fails-drop-test/

Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
hello arc welder,
what is your position on the smith wesson lock or prelock guns? Thats always worth about 1000 pages.

Just kidding arc,happy new year.Thanks for all your hard work you do on this great forum

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 posts. I smell troll

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm glad they dropped one.

As far as the ammo being a problem in the P320, perhaps it was a bad lot, who knows.

Fellas, if you find a "problem" on the Intarwebs, and it's a sample size of one, I'd advise the "wait and see" tactic. As far as claims that Sig CS told some guy that only Sig ammo should be used... that just doesn't pass the smell test.

Are we done here?

As an aside, but an important one, I'd like to call attention to the OP's use of "post," and "article."

I think it is of paramount importance to point out that these things are not at all the same, and should never carry the same weight. Any single source, opinion based internet post, be it a post on a social media site or discussion board, does not rank the same as an "article." Nor does something from a "blog."

A "blog" may have a reputation as a credible source, and may provide supporting material, but an "article" is typically thought of as something from a bonafide publication.

In any case, even with 2017, and the lines blurred with what "media" is, and "fake news," the need to be vigilant over what you read has always been present.

A "post" has never an "article" made.

When you read something, first, let it pass through your own skepticism filter. What is the burden of proof and weight of "evidence" provided in what you just read. Chances are, it's some jackass who dun broke his own gun.

Time will tell whether something is a real problem, and these days you won't have to wait long, if something is actually an issue.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fallenangelhim:
2 posts. I smell troll

Relax, chief. I got this.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
hello arc welder,
what is your position on the smith wesson lock or prelock guns? Thats always worth about 1000 pages.

Just kidding arc,happy new year.Thanks for all your hard work you do on this great forum

I have both, that one never bothered me, except in the Rugeresque way they were trying to cow-tow. I've shot the lock gun I have a lot, and it hasn't ever been an issue. Did they need to do the locks? No, but the butthurt was waaaay overblown.

What S&W needs to do is issue a production 9mm snubby again.

Colt is dead to me when it comes to revolvers.

Arc.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9tango:
The article goes on to say that the guy contacted Sig and they said their guns are designed to run the best with only Sig ammo. That sounds kinda BS to me, as there are alot of people running Sigs, but I seriously doubt that they all are using only Sig ammo. So, I guess I am asking so any of you have probems with Freedom ammo in your Sigs (especially the P320 x-fives)

Issues of article credibility aside, let's think about this:

How much control does SIG have over other ammunition manufacturers?

Of course, the X5 works "best" with SIG ammo.

For the sake of argument: What if Federal accidentally makes a batch of 9mm that's actually 10mm in diameter? Will a SIG X5 chamber those "9mm" rounds? Probably not.

Manufacturers can only make claims about compatibility over components they control. You can bet that this X5 has been tested through and through with SIG's own ammunition and that their recipe isn't going to change detrimentally without notice. However, SIG can't control the dimensions or specs of Freedom Ammunition or anyone else's concoctions.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Arcwelde76r is correct, everyone is tired of hearing about plastic crap. The greatest thing about polymer handguns is that they are CHEAP! I'll quit "bellyaching" about them but I ain't buying any of them.

Well then again, I did buy an HK45 for a home defense gun. Mostly because if I had to use it I wouldn't mind losing it to the legal system. (At lease the damn thing has a hammer.)

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought some Freedom .223 re-manufactured and it was not good. I experienced, case separations, blown primers, key holes at 35 yards and BAD BAD accuracy. I contacted Freedom and sent pictures of the targets (with the key holes) and pictures of the separated cases. They bought back the ammunition and paid the cost of freight.

I've bought Freedom ammo in 9mm and .40 (new and re-manufactured) and haven't experienced any problems.

I think the people at Freedom make a good product and stand by behind it (which is a lot better than standing in front of it!)

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
The P320 X5 is being adopted a high-speed military agency that a friend of mine works for. They are so high speed and so secret he can’t even tell me the name of the unit, but they are all going to be issued the X5, so it has to be good.

Also, for those in the know: they all love grilled cheese and hot cocoa when in combat.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heiduke
posted Hide Post
In my last 1000 rounds of remanufactured, I had 1 ftf in my stock p320. For .18 a round shipped, I’m willing to accept a surprise malfunction drill .1% of trigger pulls. Freedom Ammunition is a solid company.

"We should bring back dueling, it would improve manners."
-Ed Abbey

Posts: 794 | Location: In the woods | Registered: April 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post