SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 M18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 M18 Login/Join 
posted
Academy locally got 3 yesterday and I was fortunate to get one. It is the manual safety model. It is a sea change from Sig similar size Sig 239 and 225 guns I have been shooting. My box says made December 8, 2020.

I bet these are in short supply in stores.

I cannot get over a pistol coming with 2 21-round msgs and a 17-round mag. All are marked Made in Italy. Mec Gar?

It even fits my Galco VHS shoulder holster that a member sold me recently.

Cleaned it and must shoot soon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZVzTwfjhUNAwfETm6

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it, I bought one last summer, put a Delta Point Pro in the cutout and put several thousand rounds down range and not a single jam. Great weapon.

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure all M18's have manual safeties due to a military requirement.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a M17 and assumed it had a safety, it didnt. Not sure about the M18.

Posts: 23 | Location: Adamstown Pa | Registered: October 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read Sig was going to have a civilian version without a safety but do not know if that occured or if it’s available yet.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
steeve555, a lot of sellers offered tan P320s as "M17"s even though they didn't have the safety, and I'm sure the same will hold true for the "M18". They are sold in tan with manual safeties.

tschiemer, a civilian version should just be a tan Carry model. Then again, technically any model without the government-contract-specific internal coating, external bar code and whatever it is that prevents disassembly beyond a simple takedown for cleaning and lubrication would be a civilian model. I haven't gone shopping for a Carry, so I don't know about availability with a thumb safety.

Gentlemen, I say "tan", but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a black (or "Bravo") version of the civilian M18, just as there was with the civilian M17. Except for color, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the M17s on the civilian market.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
My M18 was manufactured April 2020 and it has a manual safety

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
Although, yes, the military M17 and M18 pistols both have manual safeties, Sig has been producing the commercial versions both with and without the safety. If you look at Sig's product listings, there are multiple SKUs listed, and you'll see that most of them have "MS" for manual safety in the SKU, but there is one version that does not (I'm not sure what "VP" stands for):

Sig Sauer P2320-M17

Sig Sauer P2320-M18

The Osage County Guns website lists both versions of the M17, as an additional example:

Sig P320 M17 Commercial Edition, 9mm, Manual Safety

Sig P320 M17 Commercial Edition, 9mm, No Thumb Safety

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this on Sig’s web site:

JJSVerified Reviewer
Q: Does Sig offer the M18 without the thumb safety like the M17 version? I have yet to see/find one nor is it offered on the website.
Answers (1)

SIG Sauer CS
A: We do not.
0 0 12/04/20