SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig Scorpion P238
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Scorpion P238 Login/Join 
Picture of Antares
posted
I was looking at a new Sig P238 scorpion with night sights and 2 magazines and small holster for 650 out the door. The only thing I am concerned about is that the date on the box was Jun 10 2016. I heard that early models had some problems. Is this a good deal and because it was made in 2016 does it have issues. Thanks

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun."

- Patrick Henry,

Posts: 42 | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
At that price I'd consider getting a P938. Just a hair bigger with more power. 2016 is a newer vintage, so don't worry about that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jimbo. I recently bought a 938, 2 mags & holster was $600 out the door. It also had night sights.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
The Scorpion is discontinued, replaced by the "Emperor Scorpion". I got mine for a song last year when the LGS was clearing them out. That price isn't the best, but it's not bad.

It's got many, many hundreds of rounds through at this point, and nary a hiccup.

My first P238, an Equinox, that I bought in 2009 or so, was not nearly as reliable. That was an "early" gun, one produced in 2016, is not.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post