SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Second Range Day With The P229S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second Range Day With The P229S Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Backstory: A few weeks ago my best friend of nearly fifty years gifted me his Sig P229S as a retirement gift. Well, he'd forgotten the "threaded rod" needed to take the compensator off (for cleaning), I came down with a flu or something, blah, blah, blah. Long story short: I didn't get to the range with it until Tuesday.

It did not go as well as I'd hoped. I didn't do poorly, but I didn't do well with it.

Went back today with a New Attitude: I was just Gonna Have Fun with it.

The results:

The initial DA shots were slow, but the follow-ups probably averaged around ±1 sec. each.

Wow, what a shooter is that pistol!

(It may actually be 5x5 groups. I'm calling it 4x5, but I'm not certain. Was just having fun.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

I really like my P229 Sport and P229 Sport Stock pistols.

All of mine are chambered for 357SIG and are tack drivers. I even have a hyper velocity (1700FPS) 90 grain JHP that shoots very flat.

Which caliber is yours chambered for?

And is yours the comped version or the variant with the barrel weight?

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Congratulations

Thanks!

quote:
I really like my P229 Sport and P229 Sport Stock pistols.
[images: snipped for brevity]

That's a fine-looking set of pistols you got there.

quote:
Which caliber is yours chambered for?

And is yours the comped version or the variant with the barrel weight?

Mine is in .357 Sig, with the compensator. It's pictured in the thread I referenced.

If I really like shooting .357 Sig, I'm seriously entertaining the idea of obtaining a regular P229 in the caliber.

I've always been a bit fascinated by the round, but, having pretty much gone with .40 S&W for a SD round, I could not justify the experiment. Now, well... my buddy changed the equation on me Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Gotta love those days where it just clicks. I had a bout of the shooting yips a few months back and was thrilled when I got my mojo (what little of it I have Smile) back.

The biggest problem you will have with that thing ..... is never being able to blame the Gun. Good shooting.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If your anything like me you knew that low flyer was happening long before impact and your "inner retard" was screaming "You suck". Smile

I have a thread about my P245. One of the pictures that I have is a crop from a range trip. I always grab a picture to look back on. At the top you can see part of my Beretta Brig. Tac group and I have a couple shots circled "I suck". Because I heard that voice before impact. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If your anything like me you knew that low flyer was happening long before impact and your "inner retard" was screaming "You suck". Smile

Yeah, once you get enough trigger time in you know which ones are bad w/o even seeing the target.

I wasn't working hard top do well, today. Just out having fun. I've another target from out at 50 and 75 feet. Not bad, but not so great, either. I know two or three times I thought "That one's a flyer."