SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Original Sphinx vs Current CZ - how do they fare?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original Sphinx vs Current CZ - how do they fare? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So fit and finish of the Kriss is clearly better than an eg CZ PCR.
But for those with a Kriss SDP Compact and a PCR / P01 / comparable CZ that has been well worked over by Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom, how do they compare re
- Accuracy
- Trigger
- Other
?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
I have the Sphinx SDP Compact and CZ SP-01 (and Shadow 2).

The fit and finish, machining, and build quality on the Sphinx is unquestionably better than the CZ.

With that said, I'm still a huge CZ fan. I love the SP-01. I have broken trigger return springs on both from lots of dry fire practice. Sphinx sent me a handful of replacements at my request, since I'm comfortable working on them. Their customer service is excellent though and I could have sent the gun is for it to be replaced under warranty.

I upgraded my SP-01 to a CGW pro kit and haven't broken the CGW trigger spring yet. I've heard they are less likely to break, but time will tell.

I like both a lot, but the tightness of the barrel to slide and slide to frame fit on the Sphinx is remarkable. No rattle and glides like it's on ball bearings. Seriously impressive.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post