SIGforum
Two new "pistols" - MPX and MK18

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9010052124

March 18, 2017, 11:44 PM
PorterN
Two new "pistols" - MPX and MK18
I was able to find good deals and get ahold of two new "pistols."

I got an MPX with the folding brace. I'm not sure which direction I want to go with it, but it's great as-is, too!

I also got a great deal on a DDMK18 pistol already set-up with the Shockwave blade. The blade is definitely thin, and nice, and is just fine for shooting, of course.

I happened to be able to pick up the DDMK18 right before a planned shoot with some friends on Thursday, so I got to take out both new guns. Bottom line, I freaking love them. The MPX is a fantastic shooter, soft-shooting, fun little gun. I think my wife and kids will enjoy it as the recoil is negligible, etc.

I'm also extremely excited about and happy with this mk18. I've always liked them, but they were a bit of an unknown or out of my reach for whatever reason. I toyed with the idea of buying BCM upper and building a lower. I looked at several other options. but the MK18 stuck in the back of my head. So when this popped up for a great deal, I pounced and do not regret it in the least. It'll eventually be SBR'd and will be host to my Knight's CQB suppressor that's still in jail.

Here's the two new pistols with my Tavor. I am one happy camper, for sure.

March 19, 2017, 12:56 AM
big_gun_man
Very nice collection you have there, I really like my MK18 but I have the Thorsden brace on mine but I wanna replace it with the KAK.
March 19, 2017, 08:15 AM
Chowser
Looks great! I was given an MPX Pistol with brace for Christmas and I thought about SBR'ing but, but it's been fine as is. The only thing I did was have the barrel cut down and rethreaded to 1/2x28.

Look out for three gen1 MPX mags and pouch that go on sale from time to time for $70ish. I've bought two sets and they all work great. I modded one mag to hold 34 rounds, going to see if I can get it to 35 and maintain functionality.

Which suppressor are you using on your SAR? Do you have gas to face issues if you do? I'm hating shooting my X95 suppressed.

Not minority enough!
March 19, 2017, 11:35 AM
PorterN
quote:
Which suppressor are you using on your SAR? Do you have gas to face issues if you do? I'm hating shooting my X95 suppressed.

I have the SiCo Omega. It's a 30-cal can, so it's pretty quiet to me - but I don't have anything to compare it to.

I have a DI AR-15, and had the suppressor on it at the beginning. With the AR, I felt like I was shooting in a cloud of blowback. It hung out right in my face. I'm not sure if it came out from the charging handle or what, but it was terrible. I'd have to hold my breath the entire time I shot and even step back off the line at the indoor range and let the cloud dissipate.

As for the Tavor, I love shooting it suppressed. I feel more blowback on my arms shooting suppressed than unsuppressed with it, but it's really not bad. No huge cloud over my head. it's been nice. Taking it out to the desert was fun, too, because I took the hearing protection off and shot it for the first time. It was loud and kind of sharp for me (no where near unsuppressed though.) After I shoot it I said "still almost hurt, but not bad." and my buddy 5 feet away from me had taken his earpro off, and said "not here! It was totally fine. That sounds super quiet."

I definitely love the Tavor.

March 19, 2017, 12:21 PM
ARMT Guy
Did you get that MK18 pistol, 'as-is' with Magpul sights already on it?

The rear sight is turned around.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

March 19, 2017, 02:05 PM
PorterN
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Did you get that MK18 ... rear sight is turned around.

That it be! I didnt even notice. Ill fix that. Razz

March 19, 2017, 06:36 PM
maddy345
Since that is a factory DD MK18 you may consider an adjustable gas block of replacing the barrel before you suppress it. The gas port is .08 and it may be overgassed with a suppressor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!
March 19, 2017, 07:48 PM
PorterN
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
Since that is a factory DD MK18 you may consider an adjustable gas block of replacing the barrel before you suppress it. The gas port is .08 and it may be overgassed with a suppressor.

Ive considered that. Im also considering how a change in buffer weight will aid the system as well.

March 20, 2017, 03:45 PM
David W
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:

Ive considered that. Im also considering how a change in buffer weight will aid the system as well.

Shoot it first and see what you need or don't need, no sense in spending money you don't have too.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles