SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any mounting difference between Romeo 1 and Romeo 1 Pro / Update found answer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any mounting difference between Romeo 1 and Romeo 1 Pro / Update found answer. Login/Join 
Picture of 808
posted
I am wanting to mount on my new Sig P320 X Compact.

Looking at a model Romeo 1 which I believe is a older model .

Then I see a model listed as Romeo 1 Pro.
It appears to be a newer model that have more functions.

But my questions is will the older model called
Romeo 1 still have the same bolt up size pattern as the newer Romeo 1 Pro model ? To fit on my P320 X compact .

Little more than $100.00 price difference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 808,

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
If anyone else may be interested in the answer to my past question.

Sig customer service contacted me back and advised the standard Romeo 1 will not fit the Compact X. Because the holes will not align up correct. However the new Romeo 1 Pro will fit the Compact X that has the new foot print.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update!

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I've been watching your post for this answer.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked on Sigs web site.

quote:
Please note, this product is not compatible with slides cut to accept a standard ROMEO1.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
If anyone else may be interested in the answer to my past question.

Sig customer service contacted me back and advised the standard Romeo 1 will not fit the Compact X. Because the holes will not align up correct. However the new Romeo 1 Pro will fit the Compact X that has the new foot print.

To clarify:

There are two new 3rd generation Romeo1 optics-

The Romeo1 PRO uses the Leupold Delta Point Pro footprint found on the M17/18, The PRO carry, the new X5s etc

The Romeo1 T uses the existing SIG Romeo1 foot print on the older X5s, the RX models etc.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Wow this seems more complicated then it needs to be.

Thanks for the help.

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Wow this seems more complicated then it needs to be.

Thanks for the help.

Right? +1

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just thought I would mention a little bit more to confuse the situation I have so many pistols I did know which ones had Romeo one which had Romeo 1 Pro
the way you can tell plain Romeo has a green up and down arrow for the lighting.
Romeo 10 has sort of white up and down arrows.
It's hot to tell once the shroud is on.

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
If it’s a new P320XCompact it will have a plate that does not include the rear sight. The rear sight is separate on the new P320X Compact.

That will have the Delta Point Pro footprint.
Are you set on the Sig RD?

The DPP is excellent with great field of view. The EOTECH EFLX is one I’ll be looking closely at also (also DPP footprint).

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post