SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Classic 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Classic 1911 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here is the one I let get away...(but I kept the grips, just in case)

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacobscw
posted Hide Post
EDC X9

CQB Commander

Posts: 118 | Location: indiana | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:

Dang. That is a sexy 1911.

I'm a fan of 1911s with crisp lines and minimalist markings, like your Wilson Combat and my Dan Wessons.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I love threads like this - nice 1911s, folks!

Here’s one of mine - Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special (a Hillsdale-era gun) with ivories and a few accessories (Privateer Leather Avenger-style holster, Magholder LLC horizontal magazine carrier, and a Dee Kistner Pocket Drop fixed-blade with horizontal sheath).

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory Mil-Spec with stags and some super-duper stair safety tape ha-ha...
Also shown are a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster and Sparks’ IPD double-mag pouch, also an IWB item.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Great 1911's so far, keep em coming!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Although not a 1911 fan, I always love looking at these beautiful guns. No pistols come close to the 1911 in terms of elegance and beauty. None, imo.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Good ‘ol colt 1991

An oily Baer CC

And a Sig C3

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My 1916 vintage Springfield 1911, which went to France in 1918 with a Capt in the Medical Corps.

My Les Baer UTC:

If I carry a 1911 these days, its usually my Nighthawk Custom T3:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Although not a 1911 fan, I always love looking at these beautiful guns. No pistols come close to the 1911 in terms of elegance and beauty. None, imo.

Yeah. Not bad for an obsolete 108 year old design that's too heavy, not enough rounds, has that unmanageable thumb safety thingy, too much recoil and is more expensive than strikers. Razz

Got my first 1911 in 1972. Still carry them on occasion and shoot'em the best of any gun I've owned over 50 years. Besides that, they sure are bee-you-tee-full. The simple elegance of nearly everything JMB designed still amazes me.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Love the 1911. See my on-line name. Big Grin Carry one about every day. Right now there is a Ruger Lightweight Commander on my hip in an IWB Blade Tech and a spare magazine in a Blade Tech Magazine Pouch on the other side. Both loaded with Winchester 230gr. JHPs'.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson V Bob .45

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Coonan .357MAG

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
My Wilson Combat CQB Elite in 9mm

My Rock Island Armory XTM .22Mag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick_Perry,

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown Kobra

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kingfish, your Volkmann is a dream gun.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
This is a Kimber Series 1. A friend of mine carried it as his duty weapon for about 17 years. When his dept. upgraded, they all got to buy their duty gun. I own it now and have updated all the internals with Wilson’s flatwire springs, etc.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Some pretty guns up in here. Now let me show you how the poor white trash rolls. Cool

I'm a Glock and HK guy normally, but I like to throw the big ball down the lanes once in a while. Nothing fancy, but it works like it should.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post