SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Classic 1911
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Classic 1911 Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted
please post up your favorites

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
W/C CQB .45

DW Valor .45

EB Special Forces .45

EB Kobra Carry .45

DW Valor 9mm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
Tooky, what gun is the second picture? It has stunning lines.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Not sure if Classic. But here is my %80 1911 I built. Thing is a freaking laser beam. Super dirty as you can see on the muzzle and a bad photo. But you get the idea.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown in 9mm:

Right Side by GaryBF, on Flickr

Ed Brown in 45 ACP:

Left side by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Not sure if Classic.

None of them so far have been, though all very nice, they're modern 1911's Smile

(I aint got none either) Wink

Though of that last trio, I only own the one on the left now.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mine

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
More modern than the other, and I'll never be a fan of front slide serrations, but good lord this one is a shooter.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I dont own one just now but I hope to see the CZ model some Members have. And mm6mm6, if you see this sir, please post your Colt National Match. Thank you.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Here's my plain jane Ed Brown in 45 auto. The closest catalog item is the Executive Target. My personal touches include the non-textured front strap, solid trigger, abbreviated beavertail grip safety and sterile slide. Note also the traditional slide stop contour. Given my druthers, I would have preferred 90 degree slide serrations with traditional style grip & thumb safeties.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Bought this SW new about 6 years ago. Has a couple thousand rounds through it. Never a malfunction and shoots like a dream!

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
My purchased new in 1987 Colt w/ 12,000+ rds through it & never a malfunction & my new Colt Competition series .38 Super.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Picked my first up just five days ago...

Shoots great for me, too Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos! Coming off a flu bug I found them a boots.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures and guns but a classic 1911 will not have:
A beaver tail
A hammer without a spur
A mag well
Holes in the trigger

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Pretty classic... Dec 1918 production date

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
A couple of classics (with a baby relative in the pic)

A Springfield Custom Shop Professional Operator build with a few extras

Back to the classic styling but modern in caliber of .357sig

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the thread title references the "Classic 1911" here's my .45, (the others are (9's).

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Not a classic 1911, but it is what I have.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post