SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP 2340 with proofs and date
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP 2340 with proofs and date Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I don't know much about the history of the SigPro. But I have a 2340 and in the process of cleaning it found German proofs and a date code on the underside front of the slide.

The barrel does not have a serial number, nor does the slide and the slide is marked Sig Arms, date code is KJ, 1998. It seems that was when they were introduced, 1998 with the 2340 being the first model out. No "Made in Germany" on the slide.

The frame is the early proprietary rail version. Anyone have the low down on where the SP was made, frames and slides and barrels around that time?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The polymer frame for my SP2340 was made in Switzerland and was so marked. We would like to see photos of yours.

SP2340 Frame marking by GaryBF, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryBF,

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Same as mine Gary. A company called Laser Devices made a great quality laser for these pistols. It is/was contoured to match the frame. Rather expensive at that time. I love the 2340.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I’ll post pics later today. Frame is marked “made in Switzerland".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have SP0001148 with German proofs. It is a .357. What caliber is yours?

Posts: 88 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post