SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield XDe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XDe Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Who has fired one? If you have what can you tell me. I handled one at the gunshop today but I am heading on vacation next week with the family so I had to pass.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I had the .45 ACP version and pretty much hated it...too much recoil for so little a gun. I hear the 9mm is far better. But for the money I'd get a M&P Shield, or even a G43.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I had the .45 ACP version and pretty much hated it...too much recoil for so little a gun. I hear the 9mm is far better. But for the money I'd get a M&P Shield, or even a G43.

Sorry...I thought this was the XDs

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I have one. I already fired it and I like it so far, a lot better than my XDs. The single action pull is decent but on the other hand, it will not win a beauty contest. Few more boxes of ammo and I will use it as my CCW when I don't feel like carrying my P239 SAS.

On page 3, I posted a few pics comparing the sizes of the XDs and XDe.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3000043324/p/6

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I had one and sold it after the 1st range trip....

I found I preferred the doublestack P2000sk 9mm that I already have. The XDe is actually the same size as the P2000sk, just a tiny bit thinner.

Maybe it was the thinner frame - but I found I had to work too hard to hit the center of the target,. The gun was accurate - so, it's not the gun. I just find I don't have to put that much effort into shooting my HK.

Gun is actually same weight at the P2000sk as well. And, I have a 10 round mag in the P2000sk compared to the XDe 8 round magazine (flush mag). In the front pocket of my cargo pants - both guns printed about the same. Decided the XDe wasn't for me. I knew I'd never actually carry it in favor of my HK P2000sk.

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up my XDE about two weeks ago and I am very impressed so far.

The XDE design is something that I have been really wanting for about two years now, but I did not think that their was a market for it (considering everything seems to be striker fired these days).

I actually liked it so much I just purchased a second one before the free magazine offer expires next week. That gets me eight free magazines for the two guns… not bad.

Like some of you, I have owned just about everything at one time, but as I get older I find my self moving back to double/single action guns for the obvious safety reasons and the challenge of mastering the trigger pull. So this design really hits the sweet spot for me.

Mini Review:

Everything about this gun is quality, it is solid in every way and everything works perfectly (yes really). The trigger is very good (not the very best) but very good in both double and single action. The safety/de-cocker is about the best I have felt on a gun like this, very positive, just firm enough not to move by itself, but not too hard to activate with your thumb (it’s just right). The slide is easy to rack, the hammer is easy to manually cock, it has good sights, has great magazines and is very accurate. The grip texture is just rough enough not to need Talon grips, but I may put them on anyway. Oh, and the slide lock is very easy to release the slide with, unlike some striker guns.

I shot several different brands of range ammo and several brands of hollow points including 124gr Speer Gold Dot +P (seemed a little stressful on the gun) with absolutely no failures. Racking the slide is easier than on most striker fired guns especially the shield. The front sight is a red fiber which is great outdoors but almost invisible in a dark room.

The loaded chamber indicator is really great, it’s big enough to feel without looking, but not too big to snag on something. The gun can be left in either cocked and locked mode or double action first pull mode, and the manual safety lever can be kept on while loading and unloading, which is nice.

As far as the size and weight: it’s larger than a SW Shield, but smaller than a Sig P239, its also heavier than a Shield.

If anyone has more questions let me know.

Posts: 48 | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
I have one. I already fired it and I like it so far, a lot better than my XDs. The single action pull is decent but on the other hand, it will not win a beauty contest. Few more boxes of ammo and I will use it as my CCW when I don't feel like carrying my P239 SAS.

On page 3, I posted a few pics comparing the sizes of the XDs and XDe.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3000043324/p/6

Thanks

Would you ever do comparison pics with your 239? That would be interesting to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Sure. I could do that next.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Got to handle one today. Didn't shoot it, but did handle it. THe trigger is great in DA. Very smooth, trigger job smooth. Not particularly trigger job light, I would say 10 lbs. The SA is fine, maybe a little heavy at I would say about 6 lbs. The reset is shorter than my non SRT P226, but not close to SRT. Way better than a P30 lol.

I don't know if I will own one or not, asw I'm pretty happy with striker carry guns, but if DA/SA is your thing, It would be great. Less bulky than a 239. Grip is slim without feeling too slim like some single stacks.

If it runs good, I would say it's going to be a winner.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
One of these will for sure be my next purchase.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Haven't shot one but checked one out at the local shop and seems to be a nice gun. Bigger than I thought it would be. Don't like the fact that the manual safety can be put into the "on" position with the hammer down.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I tried to post my P239 and XDE comparison pic but Photobucket changed their policy on image hosting. I'll have to figure out imageshack I guess.

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
I tried to post my P239 and XDE comparison pic but Photobucket changed their policy on image hosting. I'll have to figure out imageshack I guess.

Imgur is pretty decent. I started using them when I got fed up with photobucket last year.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Any updates on these from you owners?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one for a few months, got my extra mags a few weeks ago.

I’ve put about 700 rounds through it and it’s been without failure with all ammo. Although the bore axis is higher, I’m more accurate and quicker with it than the XDs, both in 9mm. Mine is very accurate.

Felt recoil is easily managemable and with the slide being so easily manipulated I’m amazed at how Springfield did it.

When you first pick it up, it feels top heavy especially with mostly Glocks in the stable.
The more your get acquainted with it, the more natural it feel, not unlike a Sig or HK hammer fired gun.

It reminds me of a single stack P30. Great ergos/grip but with a better DA trigger as smithnsig mentioned. Again, very very good accuracy.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
I’ve had one for a few months, got my extra mags a few weeks ago.

I’ve put about 700 rounds through it and it’s been without failure with all ammo. Although the bore axis is higher, I’m more accurate and quicker with it than the XDs, both in 9mm. Mine is very accurate.

Felt recoil is easily managemable and with the slide being so easily manipulated I’m amazed at how Springfield did it.

When you first pick it up, it feels top heavy especially with mostly Glocks in the stable.
The more your get acquainted with it, the more natural it feel, not unlike a Sig or HK hammer fired gun.

It reminds me of a single stack P30. Great ergos/grip but with a better DA trigger as smithnsig mentioned. Again, very very good accuracy.

Thanks Joe. I'm hoping it will force other mfr's to think about making small single stack 9mm DA/SA pistols. I've got to go to Academy this evening to pick up an AFG2 for my CZ so I'm hoping they sell Springfield so I can finger bang. Although that place doesn't let you pull the trigger.....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
Bought one a few months ago. 100% reliable with two range trips and about 400 rounds of Winchester White Box and Sellier & Bellot FMJ ammo thru it. As previous stated, the bore axis is a bit high, but it shoots great. Comparable to my P225, but costs a lot less.

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not many available holsters yet

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post