SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 and P229 stripped frames
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 and P229 stripped frames Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So, i assembled the 40 and 357 sig in the other pics. My parts came for my 22lr TB kit.

So, i assembled the lower and test fit the slide and barrel. Test fit the mags.

Sig had a deal on the mag well grips so i put those on.

Few things. I could not find a TB p226 kit. How ever I have used my p226 kit on my old p220 sao, with my p220 kit on my p226. I just needed the correct mags.

So, long story short. I bought the p220 TB kit.

There are a few issues with using the p220 kit. THe firing pin stop is spaced differently on the p220 than the p226 kit. The 226 kit will work on the p220 without any modifications with correct mag. The p220 needs a bit filed off the stop for the hammer to reach the firing pin.

Finally, i had found 2 mags at the Chantilly gun show this last weekend. When I inserted them into my frames all 3, they were snug. Like Drive them in and out with a dowel snug. I did a little bit of filing on the 3 side ribs for each side.

I then filed the front and back of the slide where sig had it's built in recessed areas.

Then just a tiny smidgen off the top sides. Mags fit well drop free.

So how did it do? Well I ran 200 rounds through the two mags i worked on today and the upper and it did great. The only issue i had was the first two rounds of the first mag, the first time it was loaded. Those rounds were standard vel. the other 180 rounds were cci stingers. After that the mosquitos drove me off my range.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post