SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W Shield Plus
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W Shield Plus Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Holds 13+1
I guess it was only a matter of time until S&W got back in the game.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Innovation is short lived. S&W PC enhanced. Price these days determines success ..

Posts: 13807 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Oh look! Another ugly striker fired plastic gun. Yawn.

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I've gravitated to the SW MP2.0 because of the grip texture over the past year. I have a MP2.0 4" with a Trijicon RMR and a 3.6" which fits me perfect.

I was eyeballing a PC Shield before this, but glad I held out. This PC will be one I get.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will need to see size comparison with M&p sub compact/ 9c . Shield isn’t a 365/hellcat in size so wondering where this fits

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you get flat baseplate mags for the Subcompact they'll be the same height. But the Subcompact will be wider than the Shield +.

If anyone wants a review...

quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
Will need to see size comparison with M&p sub compact/ 9c . Shield isn’t a 365/hellcat in size so wondering where this fits

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Oh look! Another ugly striker fired plastic gun. Yawn.

Uh huh, what were you expecting when you opened this thread? Roll Eyes

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:

True but not everyone wants a P365/hellcat sized pistol as I don't. Too small and too short trigger reach for me to shoot accurately. I much prefer CCW pistols sized like Shield, Walther PPS, and Glock 43X/48 which I find very easy to conceal, comfortable to carry. and shoot well for me. I also welcome the slightly larger grip width.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

True but not everyone wants a P365/hellcat sized pistol as I don't. Too small and too short trigger reach for me to shoot accurately. I much prefer CCW pistols sized like Shield, Walther PPS, and Glock 43X/48 which I find very easy to conceal, comfortable to carry. and shoot well for me. I also welcome the slightly larger grip width.

Great points. I find the p365 a great choice for summer carry but I carry the G48 mostly these days. Sometimes the “smallest” or highest capacity or whatever is not what works best for me. I only figure that stuff out by trying different things and the result often flies in the face of conventional wisdom. I’d give this new Shield a try.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

I carry the P365xl most, but also love the original M&p 9c, I think the shield plus will pretty much replace the 9c/sub compact for many people being slightly smaller and a lot lighter

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
I also saw where Ruger just released the 9 Max as well. Looks like the success of the P365 series has captured the attention of quite a few manufacturers.

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this will stack up against the Hellcat with SMSC. I currently have a P365 but am looking at the Hellcat because of the factory red dot. Had a Shield but wanted a little smaller with more capacity. For me, it has to be factory optics to carry and there are not many choices.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
looking at the TFB vid, it looks like the new Shield Plus has a ever so slight increase undercut and more rounded than the Shield.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've found anything smaller than a Shield doesn't fit my had well and the Shield is small enough to carry anywhere I need to carry.

Posts: 9498 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Compacts are creeping into non-compact territory. Oooh, this maker has to have a magazine that holds one round more than that maker, so that maker has to comeback and up their magazine capacity by another round, then a third manufacturer comes in and introduces a twenty shot magazine.

We're gonna end up with three inch barrels mated to three foot grips.

What's the hardest part of most automatics to conceal on one's person? The grip. Roll Eyes

But, what do I know? Queue the "more choices are better" crowd.

Posts: 107544 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
From what I can see it's minimally wider than the shield, which is really thin, and all of the holsters for the Shield fit. For the same effective size, getting 2-3 more rounds is a plus. The Shield mags were already not exactly single stack anyway. I don't see any downsides here as long as it's reliable.

https://youtu.be/OdgKJtuuhNU

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
One thing no one mentioned, but has been complained about in the past, is the fact that Smith went to a much flatter tabbed trigger vs the older much more curved hinged trigger. I've heard lots of complaining about the hinged trigger, so some people should like this. I wonder if this will propagate across the rest of the M&P line?

Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've heard lots of complaining about the hinged trigger, so some people should like this. I wonder if this will propagate across the rest of the M&P line?

Good God I hope not!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You like the hinged, curved trigger?

quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:
I've heard lots of complaining about the hinged trigger, so some people should like this. I wonder if this will propagate across the rest of the M&P line?

Good God I hope not!

posted Hide Post
I hated the hinged trigger. Apex’d both of my MP9’s. Sold my Shield. 365 and G43 did everything better and/or smaller. This is a massive who gives a shit announcement to me. Segue though, did anybody see that crazy pimped out PC Shield EZ? S&W must have hired some of the rainbow titanium Sig designers. Wtf?

Posts: 7466 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post