SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Stainless no frame marks other than serial#
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Stainless no frame marks other than serial# Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Thanks for the confirmation. I find it odd that your German framed P226 doesn't include any mfr's. mark on the frame.

You're welcome. I have 4 other 226 frames that are made in Germany and they all have the "Made in Germany" markings. Even the only US made frame I have has manufacturer markings on it.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. I find it odd that your German framed P226 doesn't include any mfr's. mark on the frame.

You're welcome. I have 4 other 226 frames that are made in Germany and they all have the "Made in Germany" markings. Even the only US made frame I have has manufacturer markings on it.

Good to know! I'm going to add this to my notes. The only thing consistent about SIG's roll mark practices seems to be their inconsistencies. Big Grin

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Which should be great for SIG historians, but dollars to donuts says that no one there ever kept track of why or when the roll marks changed.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U677XXX are the next 2 closets frames and they're both railed frames.

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which side of the frame are the "Made in Germany" markings, can you post pics of the markings, and which P226 models are they?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are all marked on the right side. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the models as they where all bought as bare frames. I got them from A&B Prototype. I believe they where from 357 Sig PD trade ins.

I'll try to get a pic in the next couple of days.

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are all marked on the right side. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the models as they where all bought as bare frames. I got them from A&B Prototype. I believe they where from 357 Sig PD trade ins.

I'll try to get a pic in the next couple of days.
That's OK. I didn't know your pistols were assembled from parts. Just tell me if the frames are stamped "Frame Made in Germany" or just "Made in Germany" because I have never seen a frame stamped with just "Made in Germany" on the right side of the frame.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assembled only one of the frames into a dedicated 22. The others are spares or if I find parts kits cheap.

All 4 are marked just above the rail on the right side with the SIG triskelion just to the left of the following text
-SIGARMS INC.EXETER NH-
FRAME MADE IN GERMANY