SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320: my herd loves me, my wallet hates me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320: my herd loves me, my wallet hates me Login/Join 
Picture of Mech
posted
Super nice day out in Washington/Oregon today. I swung by the grand opening after relocation of my favorite shop, Sporting Systems in Vancouver, WA to say hi and check out the new shop. It is much bigger and roomier, the decor is fantastic and comfortable, staff is as friendly and helpful as ever, and I got to chat with the owner of the shop (Dan) and expressed my gratitude for his organizing in opposition efforts against WA's I-1639 (which sadly did pass). He poured in a lot of his money into this endeavor, spoke passionately at meetings about why we must oppose the ballot measure, and is donating $10,000 to the SAF to fight against 1639. This man deserved my respect and more. The place was BUSY and the out pour of support from the local community was heartwarming.

To put my money where my mouth is, I made a somewhat impulsive purchase on a SIG P320 Carry BSS in 9mm while there. I knew I would end up buying one anyway, may as well make it on their grand opening weekend Razz Having taken it home I now fully understand what all the rave was about the P320; even with stock trigger it is clean and crisp and fits my hands great! Sure feels a little weird since this is my first non-P22x pistol (besides Glocks), but I can see myself easily getting used to the striker-fire system.

Did I pay more for it than I would have if I had gotten it online? Sure. Do I think it is money well spent at a shop that is a staunch supporter and defender of our Constitutional Rights? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!

Shoot lots, and shoot safe y'all!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 320 platform and have a 9mm FS and Compact and a 45 FS and 9mm SC conversion. Now trying to decide between FS or Compact in 40 S&W.
Also a big believer in supporting the local businesses, as long as they are not trying to rip me a new one! I figure the internet seller is making money at his price, but I don’t mind paying 10-15% more since the local store has overhead expenses, and I do like to handle a product before handing over my money.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
I have been resisting the temptation to buy the P320 X5. I really want a full size in P320. I have 2 of the P320 compacts and they are great shooters.

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I purchased a recondition Sig 320 Compact in 9MM and have been very pleased with it. Now looking into getting the slide machined for a red dot. Internet rumor has it the 320 finished the FBI contest to replace the Glocks in .40S&Ws' and was the only one to match the Glock M19 and M17, basally the Glock Gen 5. Given this plus the Military choosing the Sig 320 over the Glock one could conclude the Sig 320 could be the closest to being a "Glock Killer" of all the polymer striker fired pistols that have come out since the Glock.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
A 320 X5 is definitely on my list.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I bought a P365 December 31.

I bought a .40 compact and a 9mm carry in February.

Ordered an M17 today.

Of course, I want a 9mm RX Compact now so I can drop a threaded barrel in it and put it on my carry frame for a suppressor host. Ah...

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1743 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post